Oak Tree

so much fluff and just mileven being mileven omg
ages:15
enjoyyy :)

-
In the whole of Hawkins,Indiana there was only one place which drew El Hoppers and Mike Wheelers attention exactly this much.Not just because it was the epiphany of everything between them but just the shared memories made it feel sacred and protected by the couple.If only they could spend every hour of every day for the rest of their lives there, they most definitely wouldn't think twice before doing so.

It was a place where they had shared many sweet,longing kisses,their fingers brushing the side of each other's jaws as their faces deepened with a dark red.El's body melting into Mikes as they stayed in the cool shade of an oak tree.

That's why on a warm August day in the summer of 1986, after much negotiation between Hopper and El,the pair was finally allowed to visit their desired secret spot.Unlike other times,they weren't breaking the rules by sneaking away.It was like a dream come true for them.

-

"El,do you copy?Over,"Mikes voice came through with so much static that it was barely recognisable.

At the same time as he called her through the super com,El sat-or more like hung off-her bed,her light brown hair brushing the carpeted ground whilst her legs lay on the soft quilt.

She smiled to herself sheepily as she heard him talking,a warm fuzzy feeling settling my all over her.

"Hi Mike,I copy.Over,"she giggled over the super com.

Mike sighed in relief,glad that his girlfriend responded so quickly.He looked at his watch,21 seconds,he thought,El's very best of answering me,wow.

In the background of his thinking he could still hear the girl talking,rambling on and on about how much she loved listening to Madonna whilst jumping around her room and pretending she was her.

In truth he thought it was absolutely adorable how much she was obsessed with the singer and honestly he could listen to her for ages,but for some reason the day felt different.The sun shone more brightly than usual and Mike nervously paced around his room,probably due to the anticipation of seeing Eleven,which was equally new and weird to him as they saw each other every day.

"Mike are you listening?"she asked dully,her voice flat and unamused yet still shaking him out of his thoughts.

"Yes-no-yes!"he replied,stumbling over his words and completely messing up his little lie.

There was more static again before El replied.

"Mike.."

"Yes..?"he asked,trying to raise his voice up by a pitch to make her less tense.

"Friends don't lie,were you checking how long it took me to answer you again?,"she sighed.

"Well first of all,I'm your boyfriend and not just a friend but yes,I was checking and guess what,it only took you 21 seconds.How cool is that?"he jeered,completely discarding El's mimicking.

"Okay well I asked my dad about the thing and after about an hour of shouting he finally agreed on us going to the oak tree,"she mused.

"That's great-"

"Under one condition though,he said I have to be back by 8:30pm-before it gets dark at least-and that I need douse myself in sunscreen right before,"she laughed.

"Okay,that's fine with me,"the boy lied again.

"Well I'm going to get ready,see you in an hour or so."

"Yeah,bye,El,"

"Bye,Mike,"she smiled,placing the super com on the bed and beginning to play Madonna on her record player.