#56

Aesira

I gasp trailed off my lips echoing through the plain room I was in. Sweat drenched my body and my breathing became harder. I could not comprehend what was happening as my body began to shake slightly and sobs began to leave my lips.

Damon's body jolted up from beside me in concern. "Hey, hey, what happened?" He said bringing me into him not caring that I was a mess. I continued to shake my head refusing to say a word. The memories stuck with me. Every night a new nightmare I was keeping my feeling locked away. It was hard to unleash them. They came with consequences. I would never be looked at the same.

"It's ok Aesira" slowly he ran his hand along my arm and back calming me down. My nerves reduced slightly but my sobs remained the same. "Breath," he said. I tried my bed to calm down and control my breathing but it took me a while.

Damon waited a couple of minutes until I was calm and slowly brought me back down to the bed. I have been with Damon for two days and during those days I've continued to have nightmares. Damon was concerned and kept asking me about them but me being me I refused to speak a word about it.

"Go to sleep" Damon's arms were wrapped around my body soothingly. I felt safe in his arms. Before I knew it I was drifting back into a deep sleep.

The sun shun through my eyelids stingingly. I squeezed my eyes tight before turning my body around, still, the brightness made it impossible to fall back asleep. "Great" I mumbled sitting up straight. The room was empty and Damon's side was abandoned.

I slid off my blanket and became engulfed with the cold air causing a shiver to Erupt through my body. Quickly grabbing the first sweater I found I slid it over my body, judging by the size and smell I knew it was Damon's.

"Damon" I yelled walking out of the room and being welcomed with a glorious smell. I immediately headed towards the kitchen yawning. I was still so tired.

As I walk into the kitchen I catch Damon standing by the stove cooking one of many dishes he had laid out. So much food. He stood broad and tall, he was shirtless so his back muscles were visible and covered by tattoos. His pants hung down by his waist in an attractive manner and his hair flopped around messily. I stood there admiring him for quite some time.

"Not going to say anything?" He asked turning around and slipping what was on the pan into a plate. My mouth watered at the food and his figure.

"Nope," I said sliding onto the stool by the island. He laid out the plates in front of me and was confused about cooking. "Is this not enough food?" I asked grabbing a fork that was laid out. I struggled with what to pick first, It all looked so appetizing.

Damon shrugged and turned around towards me. His body leaned against the counter and his arms crossed his body curiously. He studied my every movement. I knew I would be placed in this situation sooner or later. But I prayed it would be later. I didn't speak a word and started stuffing my face with everything I saw. Now I was thankful there was so much food.

"So-"

"I'm going to go meet with Athena today" I mumbled covering my mouth. He moved his head slightly and narrowed his eyes. We remained quiet for a moment before I stood up abruptly and brushed my clothes down.

"I should get ready," I said

"You ate fast." He commented looking down at the food. I nodded my head and walked over to him.

"It was very delicious, thank you," I said kissing his cheek. His body remained the same and his arms stayed crossed. He stared at me hard like he was trying to understand me.