#39

Aesira

"Aesira" my heart jumped a beat as the sudden yell of my name was echoed throughout the hallway. I let go of the door handle to my room and turned to face the owner of the voice. I smiled when April caught my eye. "Hello stranger, haven't seen you in ages" she exaggerated and walked over to me.

"Hi, yes it has been quite a while" she engulfed me in a warm hug, her arms getting higher by the second. I wrapped my arms around her waist loosely and she sighed.

"We should catch up, you and me...and the whole gang" gang? I tilted my head to the side as I pulled away from her. "You know, Athena, me, you, Jace, Karson- I think Jace has a little crush on you too - and we met this really cool guy last night" she raised her brows. I chuckled and lowered my hands to my side.

"I'm not really looking to date right now, and so I've heard, is he now a part of the... Gang" the thought of Athena and April hanging out with someone dangerous made me extremely nervous, and partly guilty knowing that it was because of me they were in this situation.

"I don't quite know, but he's super nice, you should meet him" she placed a hand on my shoulder and I shook my head.

"I'm ok, but thanks though, so you and Athena have en hanging around each other a lot" April's mouth parted before it closed tightly trying to keep a smile from forming. I laughed as her cheeks grew pink.

"Yeah, she's a good friend" she noted her head and looked away from me. Friend.

"I see, well I can tell that she likes you a lot" her eyes lit up. I wanted Athena to like someone and more importantly for someone to interpret those feelings. She deserved to be loved more than anyone. But she needs a little push to get there.

"You think? She's like my best friend here" she said referring to the hotel. I nodded my head. "Wait aren't you supposed to be at work today?"

"How did you know that?"

"Athena told us that was the reason you could not come out with us last night" shit.

"Right! Well, I'm just feeling a little" I let put a forced cough "under the weather today, I was actually just about to grab some soup from downstairs" her face turned into worry.

"Oh let me come with you" she linked her arm to mine and started rubbing it with the other as she dragged me along the hall. "Explains why you dressed in these clothes" she laughed, I stared down at Damon's clothes and sighed.

"Yep" I nodded and let out another cough that burned my throat. She looked at me concerned and started to drag me faster towards the elevator. "April you don't have to come with me you know that right?"

"I want to" the elevator doors opened and we entered together without arms still links. I cursed silently and gave in. I will just grab some soup and go back to my room.

The doors opened to the lobby and my eyes went wide. Damon walked through the main doors looking around and inspecting the room. He gave the receptionist a quick nod and patted down his suit.

"Oh no" I breathed out, April looked at me concerned as we walked together through the lobby. I started to take larger steps and turn my head away from Damon on the rare chance he might not recognize me. But I was a messy-haired girl who wore large baggy clothes and only socks. My chances were low.

"Are you ok?" April said speed walking with me. I nodded my head quickly. "Ohh I get it, feeling queasy?"

"Yes that's it," I said finally calming down once we made it to the restaurant. "Oh crap," I started patting away at the joggers I wore. "I left my wallet."