Chapter 26 // healing

Start from the beginning

As I walk back to the lab with a plate of pancakes and a glass with orange juice I hear a loud bang. I directly rush to the bathroom and see Allison sitting in the corner of the bathroom breathing really fast. She is having a panic attack.

I run up to her and crush down next to her. "Where is your inhaler doll?" I ask worried.

Allison shakes her head. "M-my apartment." She barely gets out. Shit, what do I do now?

"Ally look at me, you are going to be okay. Just breathe baby, please breathe for me." I beg as I cup her face in my hands. She shakes her head and I know she can't slow her breathing down, not without her inhaler.

Think James, fucking think!

"Tell me three things you hear Ally." I whisper as I take her on my lap.

"W-what?" She choked out.

"Focus on something else, tell me what you hear?" I ask again, gently stroking her back.

"I-I" Allison's body trembled and she chokes over her own breathing.

"Take deep breaths and try to tell me." I encourage her with panic in my voice.

"I-I can hear y-your voice." She managed to get out with heavy breaths. "a-and m-my heavy breaths."

Allison pauses, taking my human hand in hers and squeezed it hard. I gently rub her hand with my thumb. "Just one more Ally."

"I-I hear w-water running." She answered a little less out of breath.

Is this really working? I don't even know what I am doing!

"You are doing great, now two things you see, doll." I say before kissing her hand.

Her eyes shoot up to mine. "Y-your blue eyes." She says before her eyes move down to my lips. "A-and your s-soft lips."

Kissing helps steady the breathing right?

I softly bring my lips onto hers and kiss her gently. Soon I break the kiss and Allison lays her head against my shoulder. I can feel her breathing begin to slow down. It is working, thank God!

"Now tell me three things you feel." I say as I stroke her hair.

She takes a deep breath before speaking. "I-I still feel your lips onto mine and y-your arms around me." She pauses for a moment until I hear her laughing. Why is she laughing?

Before I can question it she speaks up. "And I can feel your dick pressed against my ass."

"Allison!" I gasp out and she starts laughing again.

She is going to be the death of me.

Her laughs quickly turn into sobs and my heart breaks. She wraps her arms around my torso and quietly cries in my chest. I make little circles on her back to calm her down.

"Don't cry Ally. Tell me two things you smell." I continue to calm her back down.

"Mint toothpaste." She sobs out after a silent moment.

"Try again." I whisper in her ear. Allison lifts her head from my chest and slightly sticks her nose up. I try hard not to smile.

She is adorable.

"Pancakes!?" She asks excitedly and I nod smiling up at her.

I relax again in James' arms and he gently rubs my tears away

I relax again in James' arms and he gently rubs my tears away. "You're fine uh?" He asks softly.

"Okay I am not, happy now?" I cry out. I look fucking pathetic now!

"What happened Ally? What did they do to you? And who did it?" James asks slowly, not knowing if I am already okay to talk about it.

"Hydra.. Hydra did this to me." I admit whispering after a moment of silence. I could feel James' body tense against mine and his grip tightened on my waist, like he was afraid I would slip away from him again.

"There were two super soldiers at my home, they tied me up and slapped me when I asked what they wanted." I explained further as tears left my eyes.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I know who it is now and they will pay for it." James tries to say it calmly, trying to hide his anger as he rubs my tears away but I can see pass through him.

"They knew I was your therapist. They wanted to know where you are, so everytime I didn't answer they put bruises and scars on my body." I explain everything while my voice cracks.

"I am so sorry Ally, this is all my fault-" James starts but I cut him off. "No it's not, don't say that."

"Why didn't you just tell them where I was?" James asks. Is he fucking serious right know?

"I would rather die." I admit. James grabs my face in his hands, "You can never die because of me, you hear me?"

"Why not? I care about you James! I would do anything for you!" I admit everything.

"You shouldn't, you can't get hurt because of me!" James says angry. Oh no he doesn't get to be mad right now!

"WHY?" I scream frustrated.

"Because I fucking lov- .. care about you and I can't lose you, okay?" James admits.

Wait.. was he?

I just nod as words can't come out. Was he really going to tell me he loves me? Why did he change his mind?

"I need you Ally." James says calm as he rubs my cheek with his thumb. "And I need you that's why I couldn't lose you to Hydra." I replied back.

"Ally-"

"No, James. I made a promise that the winter soldier never comes back and you know that I'll never break my promises no matter what!" I say, interrupting James again.

James smashes his lips onto mine. The kiss said more than words ever could do.

God I love him so much.

Word count: 1364