| 7 |

xxx  heaven or hell  xxx

Okay, so maybe this wasn't as grand as I thought it would be. All I had to do was sign up. I don't really know what I was expecting. For them to take me immediately into the room and ask for my blood? Maybe. For them to look down on me? Definitely. I suppose I did expect a couple extremes, but hey. It was Gotham.

I got up and went back. They would like me to return in 3 days' time. Okay, reasonable. But I would have to travel all this way again? I swear to god, I am so sore from the trip today. To do this again in 3 days, oh lord it would be hell, but it's not like I haven't already been through that, so it wasn't that big of a problem.

I retreated home. It was a hot night, so I turned on the inverter and lay down on my bed. Despite the comfortable atmosphere of the room, I couldn't seem to sleep. I tossed and turned uncomfortably. I lay there for hours, but nothing seemed to work. I sighed. Fine. I got up and went to the window. I opened it, forgetting for a moment I had the AC on.

My hand swept the place where his shoes had been last night. I missed him. So, so much. I couldn't deny it anymore. It hurt too much to. Tears clouded my eyes, and for the first time I arrived in this world, I allowed them to fall with closed eyes.

It was like I let a burden off of my chest. Although I didn't seem to realize it, the transferring of worlds, especially into on that is meant to be fictional, had taken quite the toll on my health. It's not easy for the human mind to process something so... complicated.

I sighed in slight relief, and opened my eyes one more, and there, in all his glory, stood the man in question; Batman. Seeing him, feeling his presence again, it was oddly comforting.

"You're still up." He said. For the first time in two years, we meet again in such a similar situation, yet so different.

Once again, I was in trouble, and he was my savior- although this time the trouble was not caused by anyone other than myself, and it was merely his presence that saved me this time. To be honest, I hated it. I hated that his presence of a mere second could comfort me so greatly when his absence for 2 years hurt no less. How could it easily drive away the sting in my heart when the splinter had been hammered in so harshly not even my full force could move it an inch?

"Yeah. I was waiting for you." I replied.

Bruce's heart was elated with joy. She was waiting for him? Even after all these years? That must've meant she forgave him. Due to that line of thinking, Bruce's eyes softened.

"Then, I mustn't make you wait any longer. Can I come inside?" He asked, which was quite brazen considering he hadn't talked to her 2 years. He knew that, but even so, I welcomed him.