Chapter 25

Haruka took advantage of Kaito's weakness and quickly knocked him further onto the concrete. Instead of resisting, Kaito stayed in place. There was only so much pain he could handle in a day. By this time, he had already been sweating and feeling feverish because he didn't have any time to rest.

"I'm going to take you off your brother's case, and throw you back into prison where you belong." Haruka pulled Kaito's hands behind his back, but the lack of response concerned him. "What's wrong, boy? Cat got your tongue?"

"You need... me to do the case." Kaito huffed. "You never even listened to me to understand why I had to kill those men!" Kaito spat.

"Woah! What's going on here!?" A familiar voice stopped the two men. It was Wilson. Wilson quickly rushed inside the abandoned warehouse, where they all were to meet. He shoved Haruka off and rolled Kaito over. "Dude! He's hurt! Didn't he tell you he got stabbed last night?" Wilson snarled at Haruka.

"A little stab won't hurt him. He's survived much worse than that."

"You cops are really too much! And you wonder why the Yakuza hates you so much." Wilson opened Kaito's coat and yanked it off. Then he raised his shirt, revealing that his stab wound was bleeding again.

"He didn't tell me it was that bad!" Haruka's eyes widened when he saw the wound. "Kaito, did you go to the hospital?"

"Why would he go to the hospital?" Wilson rolled his eyes. "What doctor would want to help a dangerous assassin? There is a reason why he hires people like me, to do this in private!" Wilson searched around. "Do you have a first aid kit?"

"In my car." Haruka nodded. "Who the heck gave you stitches? They were done so poorly!"

"Samantha.." Kaito grumbled. "Asuka is still after me.. so I asked her to do it."

"Why didn't you call me?" Wilson hissed.

"Well, one of the perks of being married to her was finding out that she was a nursing school dropout. I thought she'd be able to handle it. But I forgot she was afraid of blood."

"Jesus, Kaito." Wilson shook his head and began putting more pressure on Kaito's wound. He howled out in pain. "Since when did you let a woman nurse you back to health? She could've finished you off! I doubt she stitched you up with her free will."

"I may have urged her." Kaito groaned with a faint smile forming on his lips.

"You threatened her life, didn't you?" Wilson mumbled.

"Of course not." Kaito bit his lip and eased up his body as William began to restitch the stab wound. Haruka was already angry for bringing Samantha to Japan, but he didn't want him to go ballistic if he found out he had been threatening her.

"Did you make sure Asuka's posse didn't follow you to your apartment, Kaito?" Haruka pressed his lips together angrily.

"I'm sure he did." Kaito snarled when Wilson poked the needle and threaded it through his skin without warning. "I'll kill you." He grabbed Wilson by the collar of his shirt.

"Endure it, you big baby." Wilson slapped Kaito's arm away.

"I moved Samantha to Hana's house." Kaito huffed heavily. "I made sure no one followed us there. She is safe now."

"You brought her to Keiji?" Wilson blinked at him.

"I was going to eventually." Kaito relaxed his shoulders once Wilson began patching him up and wrapping his torso with gauze and bandages. "The time came sooner than I expected. Plus, she wouldn't stop whining. For the first time ever, I wanted to get rid of a woman."