Chapter 26 : Salvage [EP 4]

Mount Justice
February 13, 21:50

"So it's been a month" Dick called from the kitchen of my apartment, I picked up two books from the floor and pushed them onto my bookshelf.

"Since what?" I asked pushing back my hair with my left hand. Dick stuck his head out from behind the kitchen wall. "I'm kidding" I chuckled ad I say the look on his face. "We will, promise"

"When?" He dried his hands off with a kitchen towel before wrapping his arms around me.

"Tonight?" I asked. "I could be ready in ten"

"I would lov-" He began but a beep on his phone made him stop, he pulled his arm around from my neck and looking at his phone. "Roy has been spotted. GA wants us"

"Why 'us'?"

"Come on, Roy always liked you"

"Alright. One of your spare suits is in the coat closet" I said pressing my lips to to his before pulling away and taking off my slipers.

"You put a spare suit in your cl.....oh" Dick opened the closet door to reveal a safe.

"Put your thumb on the sensor" I replied. He did.

"Master Dick" Alfred's voice sounded from the machine before it opened to reveal his suit.

"You talk to Alfred?" He turned and looked at me.

"He's the overprotective parent I'm sure you've always asked for. He wanted to get to know me more" I replied. "He checked in on me a few times while I was gone"

"Let's go see Roy" He called as I pulled off my shirt as I walked into my bedroom.

****

"Canary" I whispered as we waited atop the roof. BC didn't look at me, her eyes were fixed on the sunset. Green Arrow put a hand on my shoulder, when I turned to look at him, his face was filled with guilt. "It's fine" I pulled myself away. I wouldn't speak to me either.

"Archer" Dick said from behind me, I turned to see him standing next to Wally. I smiled before giving Wally a well deserved hug.

"Been awhile, Arch" He smiled. "I missed you"

I watched as Roy fired an arrow at to the roof top of the building we where standing on, he pushed him bow onto the line before pushing off. He was steady until his hand slipped and he fell onto the roof, groaning when he finally stopped rolling.

"Hey, Roy" I said looking down at him.
"Want some help?"

"No!" He swated as he pulled himself up. Green Arrow moving to my side.

"We think you do" Dick said and him, Wally and Black Canary and Jim walked out.

"I have nothing to say to any of you" Roy said, he looked exhausted.

"Nothing to explain, nothing to justify" He turned to leave, GA grabbed the wad of cash from his back pocket.

"Nothing?" Green Arrow waves the money around.

"I-It's not what it looks like" Roy replied, turning to us. "I mean, the store owner won't miss it. He offered me a reward anyway. Besides, I deserve it. The Guy wouldn't have any of his money back if I hadn't stepped in!"

"Dude" Wally said. "Are you even listening to yourself?"

"Look, I need it" Roy took the money from Green Arrow. "I need to to find Speedy. The real Roy Harper. A search like that is expensive. Especially when the rest of you have all given up"
Black Canary walked past me and GA to put his hand on Roy's shoulder.