Chapter 1- Independence Day [EP 1]

(***** = time jump)

"You all excited?" Black Canary, my mentor asked walking up to the others. Batman and Robin, Green Arrow and Speedy, and Aquaman and Aqualad were all standing there.

"Who's this?" Speedy asked looking at me.

"Archer" Black Canary replied taking her stance next to Robin.

"She uses a bow? Isn't that Green Arrow and Speedy's thing?" Robin asked looking at the two masked men and then at me.

"I'm trained in many ways, archery is just one of my many skills" I took my place next to BC.

"Ah, man! I knew we'd be the last ones here" Kid Flash and Flash appeared in the blink of an eye. "Who's this?" He looked at me.

"Archer" Batman replied.

"You use a bow? Isn't that-"

"'Green Arrows thing'" I quoted, my eyes blank.

"Sure, him and Speedy are the only archers on the whole team" I rolled my eyes. We began walking towards Justice League HQ.

"Is that Batman?" "Oh, my goodness" "I see Flash and Flash Jr." "His name's Speedy, duh" "Speedy's Green Arrow's sidekick. "Well, that makes no sense" "Who's that?" "Archer, Black Canary's sidekick?" "Did you hear she tried to murder the Justice League?" "I heard it didn't work-" 

I tried to cover my face from the flashing lights with the back of my hand, it didn't work. Just my luck. BC put her arm around my shoulder, I shrugged her off. I couldn't help but feel everyone's eyes on me, not only the crowd but the other heroes.

"Ready to see the inner sanctum?" Green Arrow asked his sidekick, Speedy.

"Born that way" He replied, his voice stern.

"I'm glad we're all here," Aqualad said looking at each of us individually.

"Have all four sidekicks ever been in the same place at the same time?" Kid Flash asked looking to Robin.

"Don't call us sidekicks. Not after today" Speedy replied, his voice taught and cold.

"Sorry. First time at the Hall. I'm a little overwhelmed" Kid Flash whispered, his voice now low and filled with question as if Speedy would put an arrow through him if he spoke again.

"You're overwhelmed. Freeze was underwhelmed. Why isn't anyone ever just whelmed?" Robin wondered aloud, he looked at me for a moment and then ahead of him.

We finally made our way into the building, judge eighty-foot statues made of what looked to be bronze, stood all original seven members of the League; Batman, The Flash, Superman, Wonderwoman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, and the original Green Lantern: Hal Jordan.

"Oh. Maybe that's why" Robin whispered looking up at the statues. We made our way to the door, on the large twenty-foot door read the words 'AUTHORIZED PERSONEL ONLY'. They opened. Red Tornado and Martian Manhunter stood there, awaiting our arrival no doubt. The two of them took a few steps out.

"Robin, Speedy, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Archer" Martian Manhunter spoke, his voice monotone and dry, looking to us each in turn. "Welcome," He turned and walked in. Robin and Kid Flash hit their knuckles together and then we walked in. "You now have unlimited access to the gym, our fully-stocked galley......and, of course, our library" He went on as we entered the library. I looked around in awe, The Tower had a library but those books were all digital.

"Make yourselves at home," Flash said. Robin, Kid Flash, and Aqualad took the three chairs in the room. Me and Speedy left standing. Robin was looking at me, his eyebrows furrowed as if he could read my mind.