Chapter 8- Downtime [EP 8]

"J'onn?" I walked up behind him, he turned slowly to look at me.

"Hello, Archer" He smiled.

"I'd like to talk in private. Do you have a movement?" I said pushing my sleeves down over my arms.

"Of course"

We entered a small room, I closed the door behind us.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I want to....open my mind"

"I'm not sure I understand what you mean"

"Megan 'links' everyone up with her mind"

"She cannot read yours, neither can I" He replied, I nodded. "It will take time"

"I'm ready"

"We start now" He walked towards me. "Sit down please"

I did. My back pressed against the back of the chair. His palm pressed against my scalp.

"Relax"

******
Emotions. He could read my emotions. I can do better than that.

My head was woosey but I tried to straighten as I entered my room, the door opening and closing with a swish.

I pressed my palm to my forehead, taking a breath but pulling off my shoes. I tried to stop the voice in the back of my head that screamed 'You should of done better'. Or, 'come one, Arch, open yourself'.

"You didn't even notice me" Robin said from the corrner, even before he stopped talking I had pulled a knife from under my pillow and threw it and him. I blinked rapidly. "And you got me"

I grumbled, rising from my bed and  chucked him a roll of gauze from my dresser. He caught it without looking away from me.

"You don't seem well" Robin said looking down at his arm. I walked over to me, pulling my knife from out of the wall and placing it on my dresser. He was bleeding, a two inch gash lined his outer bicep.

"Pull up your sleeve" I said and to my surprise Robin did. I wrapped the gauze around it. "What were you doing in my room?" I asked playing the gauze back on the dresser and walked into my closet.

"I'm the protégé of Batman" His voice sounded far away as I pulled off my white long sleeve and traded it for a black tank top and a blue jean jacket.

"Your using him as an excuse for your snooping?" I asked pulling my hair back.

"Guilty. Now you answer my question"

"I don't owe you anything"

"You cut me" He laughed. I walked back, sitting down on my bed.

"I don't know you that well"

"It's been like two months"

"One month, twenty three days" I corrected.

"You read alot" He noticed the books that lined one of my walls.

"Oh yeah, big murder mystery fan" I sat on the floor now, my back against the side of my bed.

"Ava" He said.

"Huh?"

"Not Ava. Judy?"

I snorted, my eyes growing heavy.

"Hannah?"

"Tell me yours and I'll tell you mine" I pulled a blanket over me.

"Did you miss me?" He asks to change the subject.