24

"The pack needs to know they have a Luna." Luke leaned against the headboard. His chest bare. It was hard not to look at him like a cougar looks at a meal.

"Are you... Inviting me to dinner?" I smiled with fake surprise. I was a little caught off guard. I could get used to this nicer Luke.

His eyes narrowed as he watched me intently for a moment. "Go shower. Before I change my mind."

I crawled out of the bed and suddenly my butt cheek was on fire, the unmistakable sound of skin slapping skin rang through the air. I opened my mouth and let out a yelp, looking back at Luke startled.

"Ouch!" I whined as he smiled up at me, just watching me with pure amusement in his tropical blue eyes. He was undeniably sexy. The way his confidence rolled off his shoulders like rain on a waterproof jacket. Nothing could stop him from having his way.

"Mine." His devilish grin made tingles crawl up my spine. I was his, and I liked that I was his. I turned around, jumping back on the bed and straddling him, holding his hands above his head, which he so graciously allowed me to do.

"Mine." I growled back as my lips collided with his. I took his bottom lip into my mouth, letting it slip out between my teeth.

"Cute." He laughed at my growling attempt.

"You don't have to say it back, but.. I love you." My mouth slipped the words out before I even had a chance to think. I felt a flood of emotion, that I didn't know I had. Admiration? Fear? I was getting confused.

"I know." He sent be away to the bathroom, I covered both butt cheeks as I walked away, just making sure he wasn't going to get me again.

*I know* was all he said. I know? I understand given how he's felt about me this whole time but it was kinda hurtful not hearing him say it back. I just sacrificed my virginity for him not that I didn't want to, just that.. I wanted my first time to be with someone that actually loved me..

My shower was short, sweet and to the point, not to mention lonely. Clean clothes were laid out on the bed, with a note that read:

*Alpha buisness. Chase is at Blair's cabin. We leave for silver crest tomorrow.*

I dressed in the outfit he left me, which was surprising fashionable and left to Blair's.

"You have no idea what he was like. The things he told me about you.." I could hear my brothers voice from the front porch.

"Not about me. None of this has anything to do with me other than the fact that I am one." Blair countered. I could hear the annoyance in her voice but it was clear that something else was going on. She sounded.. soft? Caring?

"Which makes you the enemy." Chase raised his voice at her.

"I am not your enemy chase! I'm your mate! That's supposed to be something special between us. Mates are sacred to our kind. We only get one in our lifetimes."

Chase is Blair's mate?

"What does any of this have to do with my sister?" Chase seemed like he was done with this conversation.

"She's our--" I couldn't let her finish.

"Chief financial advisor." I burst in the door to cut her off. I didn't trust Chase. I couldn't trust that he wouldn't use me to get to Luke, to hurt the pack.

"Yeah, believe it or not these animals actually use alot of money." I laughed trying to cover my nerves. I was a horrible liar but I needed to pull this off. He needed to believe that I was nobody to Luke, nobody important to this pack.

They both stared at me like I had two heads, Blair's face showing more confusion than chases.

"Okay. That's great. I'm glad you have something going for you." Chase congratulated me on my fake job.

"Yeah. Thanks. It might not be anything significant in terms of wolf packs, but... It's really a big leap for me from where I was before." I tried hard to play out my lie.

"Actually I came here to ask where Luke was, there's some numbers that look a little funny regarding the stables and alfalfa costs." I stared at Blair with huge round eyes hoping she would just tell me where Luke was before I made a bigger fool of myself. My cheeks already felt hot and I needed to get out of here before I really started to look nervous.

"He's running the line with Oliver. He should be back at his office in an hour. I actually had something to ask you about holly, in private. I'll walk you out." Blairs eyes went between the two of us as she headed for the front door.

"I'll be here." Chase put his arms up in defense.

We walked to the end of the path furthest away from her front door.

"What in the hell is going on? I see you and Luke made things official. What's this chief financial advisor crap? Spill it!" She pointed her skinny finger at me with her brows pulled right together.

"I don't trust chase. You cant tell anyone that I'm someone important to Luke, we can't let him know that I'm anyone important to this pack. I can't, I won't let myself be used as leverage against Luke."

"So this" I waved my hand around my body. "Needs to be unknown."

"That's going to be kinda hard considering the fact that you smell just like Luke." She scrunched her nose. Which I returned a pointed scowl.

"Which exactly why I need to talk to him like right now. He wants to tell everyone tonight at the pack house."

Her eyes went glossy for a moment and it looked like she was looking right through me.

"Blair." I tried to snap her out of her daze.

"Hang on. I'm telling Luke everything right now."

"What?"

"Mind link."

"Okay..." I drew out the word. Another wolfy perk.

"He says get to the house and wait for him upstairs..." She waggled her eyebrows.

"Stop that. So you and my brother, your mates?"

"Go home Myah." She sighed tiredly.

I could tell it wasn't something she wanted to talk about, at least not right now.