I'll put all my emotions right here and then one day I'll die.

"Any luck?" 

Kakashi will deny to his dying day that he yelped when a dragon god suddenly appeared in his personal space. 

Oji-sama chuckled as Kakashi fought to get his heart rate back down. 

"Oji-sama." Minato-sensei said, bowing best he could in the tree branches. 

"Hmmm. I guess ill use my title today." The god mused, making Minato wonder what his real name was, if Honored Uncle was a title to him. "So, any luck?" 

Minato bit his lip. "We found a possible lab. It's near Wave, around or in an old Uzumaki fort. We've been trying to get to the island but the locals aren't cooperative and seals won't let anyone actively using chakra near the island." 

"And the sharks." Kakashi mumbled. 

Oji-sama chuckled. "I'll help. I put you on this path anyways. Although I admit, I was expecting the Akimichi and Aburame to be here." 

"They are the ones who found the possible lab but their investigation brought suspicion down on them. They remained in Konoha." 

Oji-sama hummed, an inhuman sound that reminded Kakashi of the massive reptiles in the forest of death, but not quite. "I see. I will accompany you to the lab." 

Minato's eyes widened before he bowed again. "We would be honored." 

Oji-sama opened his mouth to say something before he paused. "This is my self imposed quest. You have gotten me this far, but if you wish to return home now and leave it to me, you may." 

Minato inclined his head. "After what I've seen, I want to finish this." 

Kakashi leaned forward, just slightly. "That wood release guy. He acted like he knew me. I want to see how." 

Oji-sama nodded. "Let's go then." 

He jumped down, slower somehow, landing lightly on his feet without even disturbing the leaves on the ground. 

"I'll hide us from the other mortals. Just stick close." 

Minato and Kakashi exchange looks before jumping down and following Isamu to the sea.

True to his word, the villagers didn't even notice, and the Kumo and Kiri Shinobi hidden among them didn't even register their existence like a genjutsu would have caused. 

Oji-sama didn't lead them to the docks, instead taking them right to the shore of the water. "Which island?" 

Minato opened a map, pointing to a small one circled in red. "Just a bit south of here." 

Oji-sama nodded and whistled sharp and clear. 

A moment passed before two shapes blurred into existence, two, very familiar shapes. 

"Shiro and Kuro?" He asked. 

Oji-sama grinned. "You remember! These two are our rides to the island. Kakashi with me on Kuro, and Minato on Shiro." 

"How can horses cross the sea?" Kakashi asked. "Even with chakra the seals will take them out." 

"These aren't ordinary horses but they aren't summons either." Oji-sama explained, as he ushered Kakashi onto the black horse. "These horses were born from grief, from mourning the loss of another. There is power in that, an echo of Other." 

Kakashi looked confused as hell but then Oji-sama swung himself up and snapped his tounge and the teenager was too busy trying to stay on to speak more. 

The horses raced across the waves, Minato-sensei a white streak next to them and having a rough time of it. He had used a rope to tie himself down, and Kakashi wondered just when and more importantly how he had managed to do that.