I was over on the bench!

Sharringon watched as Percy faded from mortal sight. "So that's the displaced blonde brat you feel is important?" 

Percy nodded. "Yeah." 

"And you gave him access to the Other why?" Sharringon asked when it was clear his father wasn't going to elaborate. 

"f he is going to do what I think he will, then it is of the utmost importance that he lives." Percy said. "Being able to instantly transport himself and, if he's strong enough, others, away from dangerous situations can only help." 

Sharringon narrowed his eyes. "The last person you became interested in like this was the current Kyuubi Jinchuriki." 

Percy grinned. "I don't know what it is. They just feel important sometimes. Like Butsuma Senju did. And Hagoromo."

"The parents of people who changed the world? For better or worse."

Percy shrugged. "Maybe?"

"Ayako will be ecstatic. She was saying just a few weeks ago that she was bored." 

Percy paled. "What did you do?"

"Suggested she explore the Land of Waves. Where did you think she had gone?"

"Not Wave!"

--------------

"That's an interesting eye, you have there, little wolf." 

Kakashi stopped striking the training post and looked over at the Uchiha lounging in the tree. He wore no headband, or anything else to identify him and Kakashi didn't recognize him. Better safe than sorry then, especially in these times of war so Kakashi activated the seal in his headband, summoning ANBU. 

"It's mine. Obito gave it to me as his final wish. I told the Hokage and I told your clan head."

The Uchiha raised a single eyebrow. "Fugaku-kun is not my clan head. I am only here to see you, little wolf." 

Kakashi tensed, loosening his joints in preparation for a fight. Where the hell was ANBU? 

The Uchiha jumped down, his stance non-threatening but there was something about him that made Kakashi inclined to believe he could defeat the Sandaime Hokage with ease.

"Obito was dear to me." He said, striding forward. "As are all who bear my eyes." He got closer, still speaking. "I knew your father, little wolf. He impressed me with his courage and strength, looked me in the eye when he spoke, asked for my strength, offered his very life, and I carved a bloody path through his enemies for him to return home to you. And now I have appeared before the son to help my descendant's wish be fulfilled." 

The Uchiha was suddenly inches away from Kakashi, eyes lit up in a sharringon pattern that was far more complicated than anything Kakashi had seen before, each unique pattern on an Uchiha clansmen present on this Uchiha's eyes and then some. 

The man lifted Kakashi's headband to reveal Obito's sharingan,  the eye flaring to life as the man gently placed his fingers on either side of Kakashi's head.

Chakra, inhuman, powerful chakra flowed into the Hatake, twisting around the implant and Kakashi could feel it growing, changing, one tomoe, two, three, and then something beyond that.

All the while, the man's expression didn't change, complex sharringon swirling slowly, entrancing Kakashi to the point he almost didn't want to break away from him, even if his limbs had decided to listen to him.

Connections were made and the strange chakra flooded into Kakashi's entire chakra network, making a home in his tenketsu and twisting and melding into his Hatake white chakra. His sight sharpened and dulled, switching between an activated sharingan and an inactive one. 

The entire time the man's red eyes spun. 

Finally the Uchiha released him. "I have done what I can. My grandson's gift will save you now, instead of killing you slowly, Hatake. Use it well." 

The man's entire body swirled, as if he was being sucked into a wormhole, and he was gone.

Kakashi fell to his knees and passed out right when ANBU arrived.

---------

"I don't know how this is possible, Hokage-sama." The ANBU nurse said. "The sharringan has completely integrated into his body. There is a better connection than some Uchiha have. He is also somehow generating the unique chakra frequency natural born users have to activate and deactivate the kekkei genkai. If I didn't know better I would say he spontaneously became part Uchiha." 

Sandaime smiled. "It seems the gods have once again paid our village a visit once more. Perhaps the Uchiha clan will be more gracious now that Kakashi has their forefather's approval." 

---------------------

"Did you have to be so creepy? Look at him? He has anxiety!" 

"Hn."