Look upon your sovereign and tremble!

Percy wasn't sure how but Hagoromo had two children, sons, one born to an Uzumaki and the other to an Uchiha, and Hamura had a kid with a Hyuuga. Who were even more stingy about outsiders than the Uchiha and Uzumaki combined. 

Percy didn't really care about them more than any other Uzumaki, and Uchiha but he visited the island more often then he had in the centuries prior, just to be safe. 

Also, Hagoromo's ability to use what he called Chakra was unique, and innovative, and Percy was a bit curious to see where it led. 

-------------
Sharingan opened the door to Hagoromo's room, stepping inside. 
"An Uchiha? Has my eldest done something?" 

"I am not an Uchiha. I have been sent by my Father to inquire just how you will keep the ten-tails sealed after you die." 

Hagormo's eyes widened and he sighed. "Forgive me, Sharringon-sama. It has been a long time since I saw a dragon." 

Sharingon said nothing. 

"Neither of my sons are strong enough to take this burden, however, Ashura suggested that I split the ten tails into nine separate beasts, each with their own powers and personalities, to prevent them from rampaging like the ten-tails. They will also be much easier to subdue and seal should worse come to worse. I have my notes on the desk." 
Sharringon moved to the desk, eyes turning red and memorizing the fuinjutsu on the scrolls. "I will speak to my Father. If he agrees, you will not see us again." 

Sharringon nodded and then he was gone. 
________

It was Ayako who convinced Percy to allow Hagoromo to enact his plan, the god still wrapped around her finger a millenia later. 

"Yay! More friends!" 

Percy only agreed if Ayako learned how to seal them away should they prove too great a threat and taught the priestesses of the Nemuru Shirne, all under an oath to only use their knowledge with Ayako's permission and never share it with non-Nemuru Priestesses. 

Ayako soon had nine new immortals to play with, with her overprotective pseudo-brother watching out for her as she played in the surf with the Bijuu.  

Each one took the form of a different animal or animal hybrid, and the more tails they had the bigger they were. But none so great as the Juubi or even Sharringon in dragon form.

They would be easy to subdue should worse come to worse. Percy already had his eye on the oldest and youngest, the nine tailed fox Kurama and the one tailed Tanuki Shukaku. Kurama was very hostile, keeping everyone but Hagoromo at arms length and thinking lesser of humans.

Shukaku seemed bitter that he was the youngest and weakest and wanted to prove that he was just as good as his siblings. 

Ayako wrote a song about the nine and soon every kid in the city was singing it, much to Sharringon's displeasure. 

One, "sleep is better than humans," says Shukaku,
Two, burning in fire, Matatabi,
Three, leave the water to Isobu,
Four, hot as lava, Son Goku,
Five, always on the run, Kokuo,
Six, taking it easy and not in a hurry, Saiken,
Seven, the flying leaf insect, Chomei,
Eight, "Yeah!" is all it needs, Gyuki,
Nine, "ko-kon" cries the mighty Kurama.
All the tailed beasts have finally come together, They're a little hard, but they're nice names. They're all splendid names. They're all wonderful names. 

Percy only hid a little bit from the catchy tune. 

Hagormo died a few years later, Hamura fulfilling his debt six months after that. 

Indra and Ashura bickered and fought, the Bijju going out to explore the world, promises to check in with a prayer or if they got into trouble easily extracted from most of the nine. 

Ayako and her minions left Uzu a few months later, continuing their travels, seeing the changes wrought by the Otsutsuki family, both blood and bijuu.