I pulled myself to my feet and reached for the door handle, which should've been right near me.

I located it, yanking it open. 

The entire hall had no power.

It was like those moments in horror movies when the camera pans to a black hallway, and you're just waiting for a jump scare.

I located the four other people stumbling around with phone flashlights.

They all looked up at the shutting door.

"Hey, sorry about that," I said. 

"Max-" Banner said. "Don't come any closer. There's broken glass everywhere."

"Oh I just witnessed that super healing shit first hand, I'll be fine," I replied.

"Can you turn the lights back on?" The lady asked.

"Uh..." I bit my lip. "No?"

"FRIDAY?" Stark shouted.

No response.

"Alright, bye," I said, smacking the wall until I hit a button on the elevator. Nothing happened. Why did I think that would work.

"Elevators down," Strange said.

"No shit. Someone give me your phone."

"I have a flashlight." Banner suggested.

All of a sudden a circle of light came flying at me in the air.

"What the fuck." I caught it somehow, clicking the button off and on. "Okay, I'm going upstairs."

"Uh, Max, don't leave," Stark said.

"Uh, no." I turned back to the stair door and went in.

I heard the glass crunching from everyone else, so I ran up the stairs as fast as I could.

The light was shaky, and soon enough, it went out.

"Fuck me," I muttered, smacking it.

Of course, it didn't work.

I continued to smack it.

I stumbled around on the stairs. It made sense why I was losing energy much faster.

Then a faint blue light came from somewhere -I didn't care to find out where- and I could see much better.

I heard everyone on the lower floors, but I continued running up.

It looked like my foot was glowing when I took steps, but I ignored that, because why would my foot be glowing? Huh?

Yeah, so I made it to the commons area.

A few more floors and the lights weren't exploded. They came back on like it was only a few floor's worth of lights in the stairwell that went out. I guess that makes sense.

I threw open the door and stepped into the room.

Almost everyone immediately looked up. Of course, they all had superhearing. Great. Or maybe I was just being loud.

"You're blue," Harley said.

"Oh, hi," I said. "What?"

He and Peter ran over. 

"Max, why are you blue?" Peter asked.

"I'm not blue."

The two boys stared at me. I looked down at myself. It was almost as if the light was fading. Then it was gone.

"You know-" I pursed my lips. "I'll figure that out later. Anyways, how have you guys been?"

Harley raised his eyebrows.

"Uh," Peter whispered.

"Look, Max, I'm really sorry," Harley muttered. "I shouldn't have yelled at you, or pushed you off the fucking roof-"

"When was I pushed off a roof?" I laughed. 

His and Peter's faces dropped. "You don't remember?"

"Remember what? Getting pushed off a roof? I think I would remember."

"Max-" Harley began. "Um, we should probably talk about that."

"Yeah, I would right now but the elevators still down I think," I replied.

"What do you mean?" Peter asked. "The power cut out for like, three seconds, but is the elevator broken?"

"The power went out up here?" I smiled. "Oh, yeah, so I should probably tell you guys about that too."

"Why do you have blood on you?" Harley picked up my hand, waving it in my face.

"Oh, that's mine."

"Where were you hurt?" Peter asked, flipping my hand over.

"Uh, everywhere I think," I replied. "I'll tell you later."

"Max-"

"And I do want to hear about when I got pushed off a roof," I said.