32

32 : Iustitia Servietur (I Will Trust You)

[ NISHIMURA MIU ]

Weeks have passed and I became more busy. Jay already finished his individual thesis, he's just waiting for the graduation, while I am still busy finishing mine. He volunteered to help me but I refuse. I don't need anyone's help. I can do this alone.

I am currently in the university's library to research when my phone vibrated.

Hamada Asahi:
Good Evening, Young Lady. About your fiancé, I already gathered information about him. Please come to the basement.

I gripped my phone tightly. I stood up and returned all the books I used for my research.

Asahi's nervous face greeted me the moment I entered the basement. He gulped before handing me document inside a white folder. I stared at it before taking a deep breath as I went inside the office.

To be honest, my relationship with Jay became better. We grew closer to each other and I actually almost forgot about this.

I just hope... I just really hope he's not into something that is against my family.

"He's... unfortunately involved with the Tanaka." It was as if I had lost all of the blood in my body. I anxiously bit my lower lip and looked at Asahi,

"What?" I muttered under my breath.

"And he knows the Nishimuras' deepest secret, Young Lady."

And there... the document I am holding fell on the floor. My mouth slightly opened. I wanted to say something but a single word won't come out. It was as if there's a big lump inside my throat that is forbidding me to talk.

"But there's something big you must also know about him. I suggest you to read the document. May I excuse myself, Young Lady." Asahi bowed in front of me before leaving me alone inside the silent office.

My heavy sigh filled the entire of the room as I picked the document from the floor. I swallowed hard before slowly opening the white folder,

Iustitia Servietur. An elite fraternity organization that consists of eight leaders with countless of members.

My forehead creased. Iustitia Servietur? I averted my gaze from the folder to the black walls of this office. I bit my nails while thinking deep.

Iustitia Servietur... where and when did I heard of that?

I shook my head and continued reading what's inside the document.

The said elite fraternity organization runs multiple illegal businesses. From drugs, alcohols to firearms. They supply different elite families what they need in exchange for a large amount of money, including various mafia empires.

"What the fuck..." I whispered. Jay do these kind of dangerous things?

The eight leaders remains anonymous to their members. No one knows their identities except for them. Their codenames represent the eight planets.

Apparently, Earth, which happens to be the most superior among all of them isn't currently active, making Jupiter their substitute superior.

Leaders:

Jupiter- Park Jongseong
Mercury- Lee Heeseung
Mars- Park Sunghoon
Uranus- Nishimura Riki
Saturn- Sim Jaeyun
Neptune- Kim Sunoo
Venus- Yang Jungwon
Earth- Kang Taehyun

I almost couldn't breathe. All of the names written are familiar to me! They are all familiar to me! Even my own brother is involved here?! Is Grandfather aware of this?

Iustitia Servietur have supply huge empires including the Tanaka, Nishimura, Kanemoto, Sim, Lee, and Park.

So this is why Asahi said Jay is involved with the Tanaka. I sighed in relief. I don't know. Should I be relieved because I found out that Jay is not into something against our family, he could even be our ally, or should I be nervous because all along... he knows our secret.

I almost jumped when my phone vibrated. I looked at the time and it's almost 11 pm. The corner of my mouth automatically rose when I saw the name in the notification panel.

I noticed that he had been messaging me since 9pm. There were even missed calls!

Jay:
When are you coming home?
sent 9:14 pm

Jay:
Why are you not answering? Did something happen?
sent 9:30 pm

Jay:
I am worried, Miu. Please answer my call.
sent 9:40

Jay:
Hey
sent 9:42

Jay:
I miss you, baby. Answer me please.
sent 9:50

Jay:
Call me as soon as you see this message.
sent 10:00pm

I cleared my throat as I clicked his name. He immediately answered the call, it didn't even reach two rings, "Where are you?"

I roamed my eyes around the office and bit my lower lip. My eyes darted on the document containing his information, "I am making my thesis at a cafe. I'll be home soon."

"Okay... please be back soon."

I was about to end the call when he suddenly spoke, "Miu."

"Hm?" I cooly responded to hide my nervousness.

"I love you... and I trust you always... even if you don't feel the same way, I trust you, Miu."

I immediately ended the call. Tears started to pool around my eyes. I bit my lower lip and leaned on the backrest of the swivel chair. I massaged my temples and threw the document away, "I will also trust you, Jay. From now on."

No matter what.