08

08 : Double Date (What Do I Expect?)

[ NISHIMURA MIU ]

Days have passed and I haven't had any interaction with Jay anymore after the project. Well, it's not like we are avoiding each other, I just couldn't find any reason to approach him. I mean we're not that close, and I barely see him in the university.

I am currently reading a book when my phone vibrated. A name Lee Areum appeared on the screen. I scoffed, so this bitch finally decided to call me after centuries, "Who is this?" I pretended not to know her.

"Miu!"

"Who's this? Why do you know my name?" I lazily said, eyes focusing on the book. I heard a faint laugh on the other line.

"Oh, come on... I know you recognize my voice. I'm sorry for not contacting you lately. I have been busy with school and I am aiming to graduate with honors, Miu. You are aware of that!"

I chuckled and closed my book. I stood up and walked towards my veranda, feeling the warm breeze of the wind as it gradually brushed my skin, "Yeah, I know. Why did you call? Are you free today? Let's shop!"

"Yup! I missed you."

"I missed you, too, Areum. See you!" I ended the call and immediately went to my walk-in-closet. We're very close because of our families' ties. Lee Areum is one of the heiresses of the Lee's Group of Companies. She's the cousin of Lee Heeseung, one of Jay's peers, but I heard they're not pretty close, though.

We decided to meet up in a restaurant. Areum was already there when I arrived. She immediately wrapped her arms around my body, "Gosh, I missed you so much! How are you?"

I frowned and pushed her a bit, "You are suffocating me."

Areum laughed and sat down. She called the waiter to ask for the menu. I sat across her and raised a brow, "I heard you're graduating with latin honors. Congratulations."

"Thank you! My hard work finally paid off. How about you?"

A smirk slowly plastered on my face, "Good, I guess? I am not aiming for latin honors. What's the use? I am still inheriting the empire."

Areum nodded and leaned on the backrest of her chair, "As expected."

I chuckled. Our order arrived so we immediately started eating. My mouth opened a bit when I remembered something. I suppressed a smile as I looked at her, "How are you and Sim Jae-"

I flinched when she violently put her knife and fork down, "Don't even ask, Miu."

I pursed my lips and looked away. Oh, so they're not okay yet. I bit my lower lip to stop myself from smiling. I am really curious about their relationship but Areum doesn't want to open up, and I respect that.

We decided to shop after our lunch. We are currently in a boutique and I have been eyeing this emerald green clutch bag for a while now. It looks good but I already have a lot similar to it at home.

"Oops?" A hand snatched it which made me arched my brow. I eyed her from head-to-toe and well, she looks undeniably elegant and gorgeous. She waved the clutch bag in front of my face, "I got it first."

I scoffed, "Sure."

"Have you picked anything already, babe?" I halted from my position when I heard a familiar voice behind me.

The girl flashed a sweet smile. She raised the bag and proudly showed it to him, "Yes. Does it look good?"

"Anything looks good on you." The familiar voice replied. Babe? I mentally rolled my eyes. Well, of course! What do I expect? He is a playboy.

Areum walked towards us. I was about to stop her from saying my name but it was too late, "Miu! Look at this sling bag. I think it will suit you!" She said and handed me a champagne-colored sling bag.

"Miu?" Jay muttered behind me. I exhaled and confidently turned around.

"Hi there!" I smiled and waved a little. After that, I pulled Areum away from them. She creased her forehead, getting confused of the situation.

"Is that Jay?" She confusingly asked. We are on the other side of the boutique. I nodded as a response as I started to roam my eyes around to look for another bag.

My brows shot up when I saw another familiar figure. Sim Jaeyun. She's with a girl as well.

My lips immediately formed into a frown. Are they on a double date? Goodness!

I eyed Areum who got stunned while staring at Sim Jaeyun and his girl. I frustratedly closed my eyes and dragged Areum out of the boutique.

She can't seem to focus while we were walking, "You're prettier than her, don't worry." I reassured her. She sighed and didn't say anything.

I looked away. Jay and the girl he was with suddenly appeared in my mind. This jerk. I thought he haven't move on from Nara?