05

05 : Project (Stupid Pride)

[ NISHIMURA MIU ]

I went straight to my room when I came home. After changing into my slumber attire, I accessed my laptop. My phone vibrated on the side as an unfamiliar number showed on the screen. I pressed the answer button.  "Yes?"

"Hello, Miu. This is Jay." His husky voice filled my ear. I cleared my throat and sat properly.

"Yes, why are you calling?"

"Have you started your task, yet? How was it? If you have questions, feel free to ask me."

I raised a brow because of what he said, "I just got home and I am currently opening my laptop. I don't need your help. I can do this all alone." I said it confidently.

I heard his chuckle on the other line that made me arc my brow more, "What's funny?" I sternly said, getting slowly irritated.

"Nothing. Good night, Miu." He finally said before ending the call immediately. I stared at his number for a while before saving it.

I smirked and placed my phone on the top of the table before fixing my eyes on the laptop's screen.

Jay already sent me the file.

My grin vanished when I realized he was unable to give me a briefing on our project earlier, I annoyingly heaved a sigh and closed my eyes to calm myself.

This is all because of your arrogance, Miu. Damn it. Now, I have to call him back to ask for help?

I looked at my phone while gritting my teeth. I half-heartedly clicked his name as I placed my phone on my ear. It doesn't even take a second. He answered my call immediately, "Miu..."

"Jay, give me a short briefing regarding our project." I stated straight away.

"I thought you don't need my help? You said you can do this all alone." He answered cockily.

That made me scoff, "Bastard. You should've given me a briefing right after you distribute our parts."

"Miu, that's why I called earlier."

I bit the bottom of my lips to stop myself from shouting at him. Remember, Miu. You have to be nice towards him, "Let's meet right now."

"..."

The corner of my lips slowly rose when I heard silence. I guess he got speechless, "Jay, are you still there?"

"Y-yeah. Where do you want us to meet?"

"Here at our house." I answered in a straightforward tone.

"Okay..."

My forehead creased, "Do you know our address?"

"No."

My lips twitched. I gave him the link of my location before ending the call. I stood up and stared at myself in the mirror.

I will take this opportunity to ask him about Kwon Nara.

"YOUNG LADY, someone is looking for you." Ms. Cha entered the room carefully. I nodded and stood up as I fixed myself before heading outside.

I saw him waiting in the living room while his eyes are fixed on his phone. I cleared my throat to get his attention. He looked up as he eyed me from head-to-toe.

"Follow me." I said. My brow arched when he didn't move, "What?"

"Where are we going?" He asked with hesitation.

"To my room?" I answered in a-matter-of-fact tone.

He swallowed hard and looked away to avoid my gaze, "I am sure you have a library here. If you don't mind, can we do the project there instead?"

I stared at him confusingly for a while. However, when I realized, I slowly plastered an amused reaction before nodding, "Sure."