01

01 : Nara (Who Is She, By the Way?)

[ NISHIMURA MIU ]

I gritted my teeth before pushing him hard. I then gave him a death glare, "What the hell?!" He was about to take a step forward but I immediately raised my hand, "Fucking stay there!"

He painfully sighed as he looked at me with pleading and desperate eyes, "It's me, Jay... have you forgotten?"

What the hell is he talking about?

"I think you're mistaking me for someone else. My name is Nishimura Miu, not Kwon Nara."

He pursed his lips and looked away. He then closed his eyes tightly, "Please... don't act like this, Nara. It hurts."

My forehead creased. Is he stupid? Why can't he understand?!

"I'm glad you're alive-"

Before he could even finish his sentence, my hand immediately landed on his face. His mouth slightly opened because of the impact, however, he didn't even flinched.

It's like he was already expecting it to happen.

"I know you're not aware of this, but I hate dumb people! I told you, didn't I? That I am not the Kwon Nara you're talking about!"

I took a deep breath before walking past him.

I halted when I saw a familiar figure outside the rest room. I arched my brow when I recognized that it was Sim Jaeyun, the heir of The Sim's Group of Companies.

He looked at me worriedly before looking behind me. He slightly opened his mouth, hesitating whether to ask me something or not.

I just rolled my eyes and completely ignored him.

He's obviously looking for his stupid friend.

I SIGHED as I enjoyed the view in my veranda. I glanced at the wine glass I am holding and stared at my reflection on it.

I scoffed.

"Who is Kwon Nara, by the way? His past lover?"

We must've been very identical to the point of him going almost crazy about it. I mean, I was right in front of his face. How could he not differentiate us?

I shook my head. This isn't something I must worry about. I have a lot of things to do, and that Jay... he's the least of my concern.

"Young Lady..."

I arched my brow before turning behind me. Ms. Cha was lowering her head while crossing her hands on top of her stomach.

"It's time for dinner. Master Hideo, your grandfather, is here."

I unconsciously gulped before nodding.

He's here again. He must've had another devastating announcement to make.

I gave her the wine glass and walked towards my walk in closet to change clothes. After that, I went outside my room and headed to the dining hall.

I bowed at my mother, father and grandfather as soon as I arrived there. Riki is already sitting on the chair. I sat beside him and a maid immediately placed a napkin on my chest.

"How was your day, Miu?" Grandfather asked with a sweet smile.

"It was fine. How about yours, Grandpa?"

He didn't respond so I just cleared my throat. I glanced at Riki who was just playing with his food, obviously getting bored of the atmosphere.

Despite my cocky demeanor, I immediately turn into a puppy when confronted with my grandfather. He always exhorts you to obey him or something terrible might happen to you if you choose not to.

That's why I am afraid to show my real attitude towards him.

I cannot disobey him, and I wouldn't dare.

Riki, on the other hand is the complete opposite of me. Well, he is a brat, too, but he isn't afraid of anyone. The reason why I envy him sometimes.

"You're turning 21. What's your plan for your party?"

I took a sip of the orange juice before answering him, "What do you want me to do?"

The corner of his lips slowly rose, "Of course, we will invite big entrepreneurs around the country, and..."

I swallowed, "That sounds good."

"And, announce your engagement as well..."

Engagement.

I knew it.

He isn't here for nothing, after all. I was actually expecting this from the start.

Riki scoffed and looked at me. I didn't looked back at him. I am sure he will urge me to defy our grandfather for once, but I can't.

I just can't.

I am scared.

"Who is she marrying, Grandfather?" Riki asked with a stern voice.

"The heir of The Park Group of Companies. He is in the same university as yours, Miu. I forgot his name..." Grandpa looked away while touching his chin.

"Right. I remember already... I think his name is Park Sunghoon. I've met that boy before and he's kind. I hope you two would make a great couple."