26

26 : Engagement Party (Scarlet Red)

[ NISHIMURA MIU ]

"Since you are already gorgeous, Ms. Miu, you don't really have to wear much makeup. All I need to do is accentuate your jaw and lightly color your face." I just stared at my reflection in the mirror, not minding a thing the stylist has said.

"Also, there are two gowns options available. The off-shoulder champagne-colored tulle ballgown or this deep v-neck scarlet red ballgown. Please pick one, Ms. Miu."

"Uh... Ms. Miu?"

My brows shot up as I slightly shook my head to pull myself together. I looked at the stylist and smiled, "The scarlet red ballgown."

She bowed before leaving me to get the gown ready. I harshly sighed as I took another hard look at myself in the mirror. Tonight is our engagement party and will also serve as my late birthday celebration. The guests have already arrived at the venue and are all patiently anticipating  my grand entrance. All of the known elite families are present, and that includes Jay's friends.

After changing into the gown, the stylist fixed my hair for the last time before giving the go signal to the staffs outside. I sighed once again and followed the stylist.

"Let's join our hands together for the grand entrance of the young heiress, Ms. Nishimura Miu."

I slowly put on a fake smile that looks genuine to many. My eyes darted onto someone standing at the end of the staircase. I swallowed hard when I saw how his eyes were devoid of any emotion.

He's wearing a black formal suite with a scarlet red tie that perfectly matched my outfit. He offered his hand to me, I hesitantly received it but I suddenly saw Grandfather staring at us seriously so I heaved a sigh and completely accepted Jay's hand.

"You look beautiful..."

The orchestra started playing their instruments. It was the first part of the program. For me and my fiancé to dance together.

"You had the chance to run away." I avoided his eyes when he firmly gripped my waist. I flinched when his hand slowly reached the small of my back and gently caressed it in a circular motion.

I got a bit surprised when he moved his face closer. I could feel his warm breath on my ear as he whispered something, "Why would I?"

I didn't mind to respond. I eagerly waited for the song to end before leaving him immediately at the dance floor. I noticed he followed me from behind. The host then proceeds to the next part of the program.

I'm guessing the announcement of the engagement will be at the last part.

I decided to change into something more comfortable for me. Though, the color is still the same to match Jay's tie. I changed into a scarlet red spaghetti strap fitted gown with a slit that is almost reaching my waist.

We are currently in the same table with his friends.

My forehead creased when I noticed Jay getting uncomfortable. I looked at him and raised a brow.

"Your dress is ripped. From the last time I heard, you aren't poor enough to buy something that is already broken." He calmly said.

I chuckled a little, "It's a style, Jay."

He sighed and lowkey spread his legs widely to cover the slit. My brow arched once again at his move yet I just let him do that. He wasn't even satisfied, his hands started to skim from my bare waist down to my thigh, "This is much better."

I furrowed my brows but in all honesty, that move from him sent shivers down my spine. "The guests are looking."

"Yes, I know." My lips twitched when he started smiled at the guests who were looking at us earlier.

I sighed and fixed my sitting position before slightly noticing a pair of eyes watching my moves.

Sunghoon pressed his lips together to suppress his smile. His arms were crossed. I raised a brow before rolling my eyes at him. This idiot will make fun of us later.

For sure.