17

17 : Too Late (I Am Already Falling)

[ NISHIMURA MIU ]

I just stared at him, refusing to believe anything. Is fate really playing with me? "But he might not agree with it, Grandfather. I know him. He can be arrogant and won't let anyone make him feel inferior. He didn't put in the effort solely to bring their company under our control."

Once he founds out, he might hate me.

"He's not yet their company's CEO or whatsoever. His parents are the only ones who can make the decision and they agreed with it. Technically speaking, if ever that boy won't like the idea, his opinion will still be invalid." I clenched my jaw and took a deep breath when I heard his response.

They are all the same. They will proceed to do things without considering our feelings and opinions, and it is just so wrong. What do they think of us? Investments? An asset that will help them grow their business?

"Alright, Grandfather." I whispered.

I am so sick of those words already.

I PEERED at Jay while he was busy catering the customers. I am sitting in a vacant table, waiting for his shift to end. I swallowed hard when he walked past my direction without giving me an eye. I am sure he noticed me, though.

This is exactly what I am talking about. I am assuming he found out already that's why he's avoiding me like this.

I stood up and followed him. The others got shocked when they saw me. Sunghoon walked towards me and handed me an apron, "Wear this, Miu."

"What is that girl doing here? Only the authorized personnel can enter the kitchen." Jay monotonously stated while washing the dishes.

That girl.

I pursed my lips and lowered my head, "I have something to talk to you, Jay." I muttered under my breath. I almost jumped when I heard the loud clanking of the dishes, as if he purposely threw it harshly on the sink.

"I am not interested."

I bit my lower lip. There is no doubt that he's mad. I eyed Sunghoon and the others. I nodded and gave them a small smile. Their brows shot up as they exchanged glances. They understood what I meant and immediately went outside the kitchen.

I sighed before walking towards Jay. He was leaning his clenched hands on the kitchen. I stared at his back, "I am sorry. I didn't like it either..."

I licked my lower lip before opening my mouth again, "I know it hurts your pride, Jay. If only I can do anything about it, but I am too scared-"

"Why don't you just show your bitchy side to your Grandfather for once? Who knows? He might change his mind." I could feel my heart getting heavy. I flinched when he turned around and face me. Mockery was all over his face, "Two-faced bitch."

I closed my eyes. Did he just call me... bitch?

"How about you? Why can't you say anything to your parents? Quit complaining and do something as well!" I stepped forward and drew my face closer to his', "Are you really that mad to the point of calling me that?"

I don't usually get hurt when someone calls me a bitch, because it is true, but why is it painful to hear it coming from his own mouth?

"Fine! Yes. I am afraid of them as well that's why I couldn't fvcking tell them anything! I am a self-righteous person but I immediately feel inferior when talking to my parents, and I hate it! Why can't I oppose them? Why don't I have the courage to say no?!" Jay yelled directly in front of my face.  I bit my lower lip to stop my tears from falling. He exhaled sharply and walked past me.

I jumped when he kicked the chair, it almost flew on the other side of the room. That made the others worriedly peeked at us.

I turned around and bravely walked towards him, "What do you want me to do, then? Come on, tell me! Tell me what to fucking do!"

My voice filled the entire room followed by a deafening silence. The guys cleared their throats and left the area again to give us privacy.

"Don't do anything."

My brows furrowed when I heard his answer. He doesn't want me to do anything now? What the hell is wrong with his brain?

He ran his fingers through his hair before facing me. He made his way towards my position and leveled my glare, "I will marry you."

He then scoffed, "But don't expect me to love you, Miu. Never expect something from me. Don't fall for me either. Only for the benefit of our company will I agree to marry you."

Well guess what, Jay? You're too late...

... because I am already falling.