Assassin with Empathy?

The warmth of the sun beat down on your skin and you rolled onto your side, muttering something in your sleep. The dull murmur of a crowd echoed down below and slowly, you were pulled out of your dreams and back into reality.

Sitting up, a piece of paper slid off your chest onto the brown roof you had apparently made your bed last night. Yawning and rubbing your face you glanced up to see that the sun was already high in the sky. There was a dull ache in your head, probably from the drinks, and a few bruises on your knuckles.

Cursing yourself silently, you picked up the piece of paper and scanned the contents that were scribbled onto it.

You're seriously getting too heavy to carry. In fact, I just dropped you here and called it a night. By the time you're reading this I've most likely already left and wish you the best of luck on your mission. Please don't die, it would suck to have to get rid of all the traces of you at the bar.

-Y

Smiling, you ripped the paper into tiny pieces and sprinkled it over the edge of the roof. After a few moments of stretching, you peeked over the edge of the cracked tiles to figure out where you had been dropped.

Immediately, it made sense why you had heard so many people. Below you, the market square exploded with people as they attempted to buy what little food and necessities were left. You hated it here, and you were sure Yiar left you on purpose.

Wrinkling your nose, you stood up and tested the sturdiness of the edge of the roof. Suddenly you took off, hopping from one house to the next, not sticking around long enough for anyone to notice you. Fleeting pieces of conversation reached your ears as you went by but nothing warranted sticking around longer.

I probably wont have to do anything for The Order until tonight so I can do whatever I want until then.

A smile came to your lips as you traversed the roofs, feeling the wind flow past you and the sun beat on your skin. The palace glistened in the sun to your right and you found your mind wandering to what was happening there currently. You despised the aristocrats for a lot of stuff, but even a small shred of you wondered what their everyday life looked like.

Definitely not like mine, You thought as you glanced down at your bruised knuckles.

You made it to the last row of houses before the ports and scanned the docked ships for any sign of international vessels. The smell of salt mixed with fish as you scanned the small boats that were docked. None of them were big enough to take someone to Aquion. Turning your back to the bustling port, you took a deep breath in and exhaled. Be safe Yiar.

Burying your hands in your cloak, you felt along the worn pockets and checked to make sure no one had decided to make you the victim of theft last night. Surprisingly, all of your items, including your dagger, were right where you had left them.

Letting loose a loud breath, you started back towards the town square in search of something to entertain you.

You had been warned to keep a low profile for the next few days leading up to the big moment, so pickpocketing was off the list of things for you to do. Not only that, but Yiar was long gone and the two of you couldn't mess around at The Order's bar. You hopped over an alleyway and stopped where you had woken up before.

Dozens of people crowded around stands begging for the small amount of food and clothing that were perched behind stalls. You felt a pit grow in your stomach as you watched children and elderly get pushed to the side.

Turning your head, you glanced up at the sparkling castle and scowled. You knew for a fact that the royal family was sitting at their polished table with a four course meal while people fought for scraps down here.