He bent down not sure if he should be even near such personal items. Why did she get...so many ? Were they...in sets ? 'Shut up Aniruddh !' He needed to hurry. He put his one nervous, very nervous left finger through the loop of one of the bands of a brassiere when he heard the door of the bathroom click.

Bondita was trying on a brassiere  and modern underpants for the first time. She had informed Sampoorna Didi she would need help last night itself. She just hoped it won't be noticeable. Not that her Pati Babu actually paid attention to her physical appearance but still. She stood infront of the mirror, saree wrapped and flowing to the bathroom floor trying to hook the brassiere. What was the point of inventing something this personal when it could not be worn without help. Her traditional attire, choli , blouse as the English called it, had hooks in the front. But this...!
She felt some movement in the room. Must be Didi. But she wanted to try it herself first. Ofcourse she was ok to go infront of her Didi like this but it was something about the way she looked in her newly bought...clothing. It made her look different. Feel different. The cloth made her feel naked. Just like she would feel if her pallu falls down. She knows she would still be covered but it somehow felt too exposing. Same with this. And more since it made her body look different. Was this even ok ? Would he... aprove of it ? Ufff...! How was he going to even know about it ? No chance.

Bondita heard another noise and decided she needed help after all. Covering herself up with a towel and her saree with half an unhooked brassiere underneath. She opened the door stepping out only to find an image that would forever haunt her. Her Pati Babu, on his knees on the floor with one finger in the air from which was dangling one of the five brassiere she bought. He had noticed her.

Aniruddh knew he was done for as soon as he heard the door open. What excuse would he give for this ?

" What are you doing...??!!" Came her shrill question jerking some sense into Aniruddh. He threw away the item as if it was on fire.

" N..n... nothing. Nothing...!" He said bringing his hands to his knees in surrender. Bondita noticed the wide opened doors of her room and ran to close them. Sampoorna Didi could come anytime, if she saw this... what would she think of them ?

" P... Pati... Babu... What are you doing ???!!" She asked again.

" It ..was an accident. I swear Bondita !"

" I can see that !!!" She said holding her towel around her chest tight. Ofcourse it was an accident that was why it all lay scattered infront of him like this. " I meant... what were you...you doing with..."

" I...was placing it...back...!" He replied still his hands on his knees, too scared to move in case he came in contact with another thing. Scared to look at the floor where the said things were. He saw her get down to her knees and begin picking up her things. She was having difficulty in holding her towel and keeping things in the bag. He picked up the bag to which she gave him a very odd and curious look, and he opened it wide for her to set things in it properly. She seemed to appreciate it but didn't say much as she started shoving them inside the bag while Aniruddh tried to look anywhere but her. Once she was done she snatched the bag from him and held it close to her.

" I...I can... explain..." She said in a soft voice and it mushed him instantly. They both got up.

" You don't need to..." He said nervously stuffing his hands in his pockets.

" I was just..." Was she about to cry ? Aniruddh panicked. Oh this was going so wrong. She didn't need to defend herself for this. And how would he console her in this state. From what he could guess she sure was wearing nothing under that towel which he realised just now and she had completely forgotten. " I just... wanted a little..."