Syker's future

Back at Syker, the board members sat around the table without a single emotion on their faces, none knew what to say given the news they just received.

Everyone knew Syker's future relied on the heir to the company, Apple Brady was the only one to bring them into the future, it was meant to be from the years of hard work everyone at the company had poured into that future.

Syker was making cutting-edge technology, some things their competitors would die to get their hands-on, and while Apple didn't know fully what her father and coworkers were up to, back at Syker everyone was fighting to keep it from leaking out.

The future was coming, one way or another, the world was going to change and every person's life on this planet was going to change for the better, Syker would be the one leading that future, with Apple Brady as its leader, there were no butts in that.

Tony Conners had been pushed into a corner for too long, since the death of Robert Brady he had been controlling the company, all without the full potential to really do anything.

Syker was going to change lives, and nobody knew just how apart from the government, which was pushing very hard for change, be it leadership struggles or the climate or a drop in the dollar, the future had to be now, with or without the consent of Apple.

Apple was the only one to unlock the code to get everything up and running, Robert made sure of that, that nobody could access any of this tech without a retinal scan, fingerprint, and saliva drop, he was a cautious man, with a right.

The way of living was going to change, weapons would no longer require bullets, the military would be stronger than ever before given the procedure, and they would be an unstoppable force, but it didn't stop there, Syker went further than any in the field, they pushed the boundaries of technology and science.

Before his death, Robert Brady cracked the ultimate code, top-secret research, and years of experimenting, he had finally done it, what the common individual could even dream of, the power to cure any illness, any deformity, to change the DNA completely, to be 100%.

Tony knew that he had only just scratched the surface, there was more, but he'd never know what Robert uncovered without his daughter, the only one to bring them out of the dark days and into the future.

"What are we going to do? We don't have a year, fucking hell Tony, we don't even have a month." Sam Pike says, sitting opposite Tony.

"I have a plan, one she can't refuse." He assured the board members, but they didn't seem convinced.

"How? You seem to forget who you're dealing with here." Another member speaks up.

"The girl is stubborn, like her father." Another noted, and all hummed in agreement.

Tony was getting fed up with the cowardice and lack of backbone when it was a child they were dealing with, the members were growing weak, and pathetic from spending too long in the office and lab.

Even so, he had a plan, he always did.

"Luka Ellis." Tony says out loud.

The board members looked to Tony Conners in confusion, given they have never heard of the name before, and were all wondering where he was going with this.

"Apple would do anything to protect his bright future, I'm sure given a push, she'd come to see reason, to protect him." Tony said, fully convinced given the information he was given.

The board members were then given a file each as one of Tony's men passed them out, one by one.

Tony had kept up with Apple ever since Robert died, he knew everything and everyone she spoke to, her daily routine, who spoke about her, what was happening in her life, but most importantly, he knew all about her infatuation with the football player.

"What makes him so special that she'd drop everything for the young man?" One says as he stares at a photo of Luka Ellis.

"He would be a perfect candidate for the Ryker gladiator program." Another person adds.

Another member hums. "His stats are perfect, pristine condition, no known family illness, could the boy be persuaded perhaps?"

Although Tony had thought of it, he wasn't going to risk Apple feeling like she was threatened, so for now Tony backed off the idea of using the boy, for now, he was going to stick with his plan, given that fails, Luka Ellis was a backup.

"We need Apple on our side when we begin trials, the go-ahead is in less than a week, and the investors want the program up and running within six months." Tony says. "Production of A.A.R is ready to go, we cannot wait any longer than we already have."

Tony Conners stands up, gaining the full attention of the room.

"We've waited three years for change, the enemy is at our door and they're not knocking, they're pounding because they know we are the new power of this country, we will be the ultimate change this country deserves, the lives we can change, the possibilities of the knowledge Robert denied us, it is our time to show the world the full power of Syker."

The room erupts in members clapping as Tony stands up, with both hands on the table in front of him, with a glimmer in his eye and the pounding in his chest, this was what he had waited for, for so long, and it was time.

"Ladies and gentlemen, let's get to work, shall we? The future is Rykers for the taking, so let's take it and make the change our planet needs!" 

All members stand and then begin to erupt in agreement, the time was now and nobody was going to deny the changes that were going to happen, especially not some child who recently turned eighteen, come hell or high water, the future of Syker was coming, and nobody could stop it from happening.

Tony Conners takes one last look at Apple standing next to Luka Ellis in the photograph that was inside the files on the table as the board members pass him and exit the meeting room.

He wanted to do this the right way, but there was no time to be the nice guy anymore, if he couldn't persuade Apple and option two didn't work, there were plenty of ways to get the codes he needed from her.

Life was going to change, and things were going to be different, this was an important time in his generation and Syker was going to be written in history as the company that brought them into the new age, with endless possibilities with next-level technology and ground-breaking, life-changing science.

Robert Brady was no longer alive to stop him and the change that would happen, after all, all things must change, for better or worse, and the human race was going to adjust, with Syker leading the way.