Old as new

Luka had been home for three hours and Nat had yet to say what was bothering her, after a while, Luka had caught on it wasn't about the ex-boyfriend, but something completely new.

He had watched a movie with her, cooked for her, and planned to go out tonight with him and his friends, thinking that it would help with her telling him why she was acting the way she was or wasn't, Luka had never seen Nat like this before.

He couldn't dodge around it anymore, he had enough.

"Just tell me what's wrong, and don't lie to me Nat."

Nat looked at him and Luka saw her pale. "What?"

"Are you being bullied again?" He asked. "Is it the ex-boyfriend?"

"Did he hurt you?"

He watched her shoulders slump and the tears form in her eyes, she was seconds from crying, now Luka was mad, someone or something had upset his sister and nobody got to do that to her, not after what she's been through.

"God-dammit Nat-"

"Mom and Dad are getting married again, okay?" She snapped out, tears falling from her eyes.

Luka had to take a second to process the words that just came out of her mouth, married, again? He was sure he didn't hear her properly.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

Just then, Luka heard a car pull up the driveway, knowing that his mom was expected to come sometime today, so it could be her, so he moved to the window and looked outside, and he was right, that was her white BMW.

Although, when she got out of the car, she wasn't driving, his dad was, the same dad he hadn't seen since their divorce, the same dad that left them after he ran away with his mistress, leaving Luka to look after his sister and to stop his mom from having multiple breakdowns.

He couldn't believe the shit he was seeing, it was like it played in slow motion, and with each step they took, a new feeling overtook him, and he was livid, something he had never been in a long time, not since that night.

That night when he called the police to stop his parents from physically attacking each other, he had never felt like this since that night, and no way was Luka letting them repeat the past, not after everything they put Luka and Nat through.

"Go to your room." He says to Nat.

She looks at him with wide eyes, her eyes shifting from Luka to the front door, she stands up warily, tears still streaming down her face, Nat went out of the room and walked up the stairs to go to her bedroom, Luka watched until he heard her door close.

Just as her door closed, another opened, and there he saw both of his parents enter, with his mom clung to his dad's arm, Luka was speechless, yet he had so much to say, or scream, he didn't know what to do at that moment.

"Oh, Luka, you're here already, where's Nat?" His mom asked.

His dad closed the door behind them and smiled. "Luka." He greeted him. "Where's Nat?"

Luka scoffed, unable to keep it all in anymore.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me right now." He snapped out, shocking his mom, and making his dad frown at him.

"Luka!" His mom gasped.

Laughing, Luka gripped his hair. "Please, explain to me what you're doing with him." Luka points to his dad, now sitting in a loveseat, sighing at Luka.

"After everything, he put you and us through, are you really that fucking broken?" He yelled at his mom, not caring about hurting her feelings.

After the years it took to get his mom stable, she's right back where she was before, Luka didn't want to hear anything out of her mouth, she was weak when it came to the man who was his dad, and Luka knew best about how he worked.