Luka's Apple

Luka kept the radio to a minimum on the drive back to the dorms, with Apple in the passenger seat, all he could think about was how the hell he was going to explain this to Jake, who had no idea who Apple Brady was to Luka.

What was she to Luka? He couldn't answer that question to save his life, all he knew is that he was spending time with her, and he liked it, it doesn't mean that he had a crush on her, he was getting to know her and that's all there was to it.

He couldn't deny that Apple was indeed very pretty, he'd be a fool to try and hide it from anyone, he wondered how he had never noticed her before, even in the halls, how could he be so ignorant of his surroundings? 

The more he sneaked glances at Apple in the corner of his eye, the more he felt weird about this situation, did he like her? Was he starting to like her? The feeling was completely new, he had been so used to not having a girlfriend that he'd forgotten the feeling entirely of how it felt to truly like someone who isn't a friend or family.

This was probably the worst time ever to think about how he felt, when so much was happening around him, from his sister's new situation, to his parents getting back together, not to mention the game in a few days where scouts will be there to decide his future.

Too much was on the line, he had to keep his head in the game.

First things first, he had to persuade Jake to let Nat stay, just until after graduation, then his sister will have something lined up, she always does plan ahead, much like Luka she never let anything put her down for long, she always bounced back even stronger.

"What's your sister like?" Apple asks Luka.

Luka smiles. "Annoying." He says. "She's my twin yet we have nothing in common, you'd see for yourself when you meet her."

When he realized what he said he looked at Apple to see her deep in thought.

"That's if you want to, you can wait in the car if you don't want to come in." He quickly adds.

"Alright." Theirs a pause. "I..I'll come... in."

Heh, I wasn't expecting that, he thought to himself, he was hoping she'd stay in the car, not wanting her to see the drama that is definitely about to erupt once Luka gets to his dorm room.

Luka parks the car in his spot outside the dorm rooms and turns off the car, then grabs his jacket from the backseat, while Apple unbuckled her seatbelt and opened the door to get out.

Once out of the car, it was cold, it had gotten a lot darker in the past thirty minutes even though it was only five PM, which meant Jake has been home for about an hour, Luka had to wonder what the hell he missed once he found his sister in the apartment.

Jake had a thing for his sister but knew how Luka felt about him and his sister, but if something were to happen between them, it's not like he'd be uncomfortable with the idea of them together, that's his best friend and his sister, two people he cares more then anyone else.

Luka opened the door for Apple, letting her in first then he led her to his dorm room with his key and phone in hand, as he sends a quick text to Jake that he was here and on the way up.

Pressing the button to the elevator, Luka couldn't help but feel like he was nervous about bringing Apple back to his apartment, the more the tried to control himself the more he sneaked glances at her.

She was small, pale, with long brown hair, her eyes were big, innocent big, she had full lips that were slightly redder than usual, and the more he stared, the more he couldn't turn away from noticing every freckle, line, and shape of her face.