Self-made

Apple had calmed down after the talk with Jake.

Surprisingly, it had been good to talk to someone who understands your problem, she thought, knowing that she couldn't talk to anyone else about this.

It had been two days since she stayed at the Gringlys next door, they know that if she doesn't show up then she wanted to be left alone in her house, which had exactly been the case as to why she avoided going back.

 It seemed like every time someone talked about the future to her, they repeated the same thing and it was starting to get on her nerves, Apple usually kept her opinions to herself but this was her life and she wanted to change, so what if she likes Luka? That was nobody's business but her own.

She had to wonder would things been different if she left that note earlier? Would Luka even speak to her then? The news of Luka and who he hooked up with at different parties were all the students in the hallway would speak of, so probably not.

Why did she ask him to take her virginity? Most importantly, how has she not turned into flames for being so embarrassed around him every time he looks at her? It had been a low point in her life to leave that note, now every time she thinks back on it, it simply makes her cringe.

Apple turned off her bedroom TV and sighed out, she knew there was no point crying over the past, in two days it would all come to an end anyway.

Just as she was about to get up, her phone started to ring.

Recognizing the number, Apple answered on the second ring.

"Hello?" She asked, confused.

She could hear them clear their throat. "Good evening Miss Brady, it's your family lawyer Ron Tompson, I know it's late and I apologize if I have disturbed you."

Apple wanted to laugh because the only thing he disturbed was her toxic train of thought, she'd thank him if she knew him better.

"You're not." She said slowly. "Is something a matter?" She asked.

"No, well yes, you see Miss Brady." He clears his throat again. "Pardon me. We have just received your late father's will, and I'm afraid he gave strict instructions to alert you two days before your birthday before the will read with the rest of your family."

Why would dad request something like that? She had to wonder. "Okay..."

"Well it seems there will be no hearing, your father's instructions were simple Miss Brady, within the will be delivered to us we are to reach out immediately."

"Uh." She paused. "You're reading the will now? Is that what you mean...?"

"Yes, Miss Brady."

She swallowed hard and nodded her head as she prepared herself. 

"There will be a letter delivered Friday at exactly 12:00 AM  at your current residence from your father, it will be for your eyes only, and then that leaves me with telling you one other thing." He pauses. "I hope you are sitting down for this Miss Brady." He warns.

"Yes...? I'm sitting." She tells him confused.

"Right." He starts. "Your father has left everything in your name, his company and funds, including the family residence in Ireland that has been passed down in your family, that includes all belongings and benefits of each estate I email to you."

"With that being said, you have 116 billion dollars in funds that you can access Friday onwards, to do with what your heart desires." He says.

Apple had to take a moment to understand what he had just said, did this man just say I have billions in my account that I can access Friday? There was no way her father left her everything, her mother would not allow it.