A girl called...

She was staring at her phone laying on her table, her fingers tapped in rhythm on her desk to the music in the background, 'Aerosmith' it was her dad's favorite band, and even though she wasn't particularly a fan, it helped her whenever she felt overwhelmed or nervous.

Today was one of those days because, after so long of her crushing hard on one of the guys at college, she had done something completely out of this world insane.

She had texted him.

It was insane, but she wasn't mentally incapable of not knowing this, she knew what she was doing when she broke into Luka Ellis's locker over a year ago, she knew it would be creepy and weird, and if he told people she'd be ridiculed and talked about right up until she would be forced to move colleges.

But that moment never happened, in fact, something weird happened, Luka in fact didn't tell anyone and he kept the apples, he threw the first one I had left for him, and she knew then that she should've accepted that as a rejection but the very next day, and for the rest of the week, she had left apples.

No matter how many times she tried, and she did try, even once almost speaking to him in the hallway when it was only them alone, she couldn't work herself up to do it, so she did the most cowardly thing she didn't even know she was capable of.

Apple Brady was, in her words, weirdly and most positively in love with Luka Ellis.

She had hated her name until she found out how she got it, her dad was her hero and she had looked up to him ever since she could remember, right up until his sudden death, she began to accept the name, her father's love of Apples grew on her and now whenever she thinks of her dad, she's reminded of the memories they had together.

Her mom, on the other hand, was not close to at all, if anything she rarely saw her around the house. Apple Brady lived in a closed-off gated community where only the most prestigious houses were in all of the towns, and even though she should feel lucky, she felt trapped.

Apple was lonely.

Things changed after her dad died. Her dad, Robert Brady was very gifted, even at a young age he was a genius, she would spend all her free time after college by his side as he worked on new projects at work, she missed those days more so now than ever.

Her mother Claire Brady was equally gifted in her own way, she was beautiful and talented in the world of art, she had built statues for hotels, homes, and museums she also paints exclusive art pieces at a price worth millions.

Apple couldn't remember the last time she saw her mother, or even sat and ate with her at the table, maybe it was two years ago? When her father passed away, even so... her mom was doing what she promised to never do, she was running away from reality.

Apple didn't remember when she started liking Luka, all she knew was when he arrived the first day at college she was captivated, he was unlike any guy she had laid eyes upon before, Luka wasn't a jock like all his friends thought he was.

She had watched him long enough to know Luka was like her, even if his friends didn't notice, she sure did and with knowing that, a guy who is beyond handsome with a gifted talent for sports was lonely too, she felt less alone knowing there would be one person like her.

Knowing her actions were stalkerish and creepy, Apple kept her head down and stopped looking for him, but she never stopped leaving the apples in his locker, and some days, when she would look at him by accident, she would see that red apple in his hands, on his way to lunch, the same apple she would leave him.

Apple spent a lot of her time alone, nobody at college could mentally understand her, being equally gifted as her father, she was the smartest kid in this college, but it wasn't that hard, nobody had even come close to her in any of the subjects she excelled in.