16 - gone, gone, gone

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

" the most painful goodbyes are the ones that are left unsaid and never explained. "
-anonymous

song to listen to: cloud by elias (but when i tell you to start playing it)

warnings: mia peters dying take two, u guys know what to expect with just that first warning

~~~~~~

jennifer peters' point of view

"Fucking hell, bro!" Martin was shocked by what was going on in front of us. Auntie Mia was fighting Nick Goode. If somebody were to ask me what exact moment made you realize that your aunt was a total badass, I would tell them about this moment in graphic detail. Nick was stabbed by Skullmask, Goode took off running, and Auntie M followed him. They disappeared into one of the doors that was regularly for employees only, and that sincerely scared me more than anything else.

"Jen, watch out!" Ziggy cried out from a distance, and I turned around just in time to avoid the knife of the Milkman.

"Shit, shit, shit," I mumbled as I ran towards Josh, Martin, and Ziggy. All the killers were coming towards us, which is not at all the plan that we had in mind for ourselves. I ducked under the slowly closing gate as Ziggy tore her sweater off.

"It's my shirt, it's covered in her blood!" Ziggy explained using the wrong term of clothing, sliding her sweater out to the killers right before the gate closed completely.

"Go!" Josh shouted to Deena. "We'll handle them!"

Deena disappeared into the same door that Auntie M had gone into.

"Okay, we need a plan B," Martin came up and had both hands on the gate after locking it. "Like now."

"No," Josh shook his head, "we just need more plan A."

Without understanding his plan but also completely understanding his plan, Martin and I lifted the gate back up. All of us ran to where our water (neon blood) guns had been dropped, picked them up, and squirted them at the killers. Josh got Skullmask and the Grifter, Martin got Milkman, Ziggy and I both got Nightwing, and then I also got Pastor Miller. None of us wasted a single second getting back into our safe store. Martin pulled the gate shut, and we all squatted down behind one of the mannequin set-ups.

"I got that creepy perv motherfucker right in the bullseye," Martin whispered, and I gave him a solid pat on the back. The Milkman still seemed to be walking right towards us. "This is gonna work, right?"