17-a nightmare within a nightmare about a nightmare

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

" I Love you with All My Heart and More , But i do not Love you Love that alcohol Within last you Love Me More "
- quotesgram , from Google

song to listen to : sign of the times by harry styles

warnings :  STRONGLY TRIGGERING TOPICS IN THIS CHAPTER, PROCEED WITH CAUTION- mentions of rape, language, death, mentions of death, flashbacks, ptsd, night terrors, screaming, crying, drug mentions, drug use (probably some more that i've missed )

extra cast : (young) alan ruck as cameron peters
malina weissman as robyn peters
(young) neve campbell as tatum mcnulty
(young & blonde) rose mcgowan as emily dyer(cameron's fiance)

~~~~~~

*a nightmarish combination of flashbacks*

"Dad?! Dad, are you home?" I called out as Cameron and I came into the house, my voice hoarse from all the shouting that happened just hours before.

"Mia?" His voice sounded normal, it was shocking to me that there was any reply at all, but sounding normal ? That hadn't been within his ability for a long time. "Cameron? Oh, Cam, Cam I'm so happy you're back...M, I saw what happened on TV. I'm so sorry'bout Ferris, he was a good friend, right?"

Cameron and I both stood there, shocked at our father's apparent sobriety. Or at least that he was saying sorry about anything-I was shocked he wasn't screaming at us. He took a few steady steps our way, then proceeded to wrap Cameron and me in a bear hug. I winced at first but shut out the memories and let myself live in this moment.

"I...I love you two so much, I want you to know that. Both of you. No matter what, we're family. And family sticks together. I'm sorry for everything, I am, I'm so sorry, I just...I need you two to know that. To know that I love you guys. You know that I love you guys, right?" He rambled, and a single tear rolled down my cheek.

"I love you too, Dad," I whispered, resting my chin on his shoulder and holding onto him tighter than before. "I love you too..."

"And-and I believe you, in case I uh...I forgot to tell you. I believe you, about all of it, Mia, I believe you."

That's when multiple tears started to streak down my cheek, racing each other to see which one would hit the floor first. He believed me about how I was raped. He believed me about the Shadyside curse. He believed me about all of it.

"Why are you saying all of this, Dad?" Cameron finally spoke up, pulling away from the hug.

"Isn't it obvious, son? I want...I want you kids to know that your father loves you." Dad pulled back from the hug, and as I looked towards Cameron, I crossed my arms.