7 - a fast trip downhill

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

"i'm not allowed to bet but if i could i'd bet on you"
-cinna, the hunger games

song to listen to: see what i've become by zack hemsey

warnings: weapons, swearing, drug use, heavy language, blood, graphic descriptions of gore, detailed panic/anxiety, injury, death, and then some more blood, detailed descriptions of injury/gore & violence

also: p.s. y'all know what moment that gif is for don't ya?

~~~~~~

"Alice!" Cindy called out to her long-lost enemy after ten minutes of talking about the future with Tommy and me. Tommy didn't participate much, he seemed absolutely out of it-but it was fun to plan ahead. "Alice!" She called out again, and I linked my arm around Tommy's as we walked. "Come on! It's disgusting in here..."

"We're close!" The pixie cut girl called out from an unseen area ahead of us. "Berman, Peters, Slater, hang in there!"

"Alice, just stop!" I pleaded out weakly, to which I received no response.

"Alice," Cindy called out for what felt like the millionth time. "I swear to God-" Although it's beyond me what caused this, she cut her sentence off with a gasp. "Shit..." her shirt's sleeve had a tear in it from a snaggy branch. "Oh, it's ruined now!"

"You cursed again," Tommy's words were soft and filled with genuine shock, as my words would be if I felt like talking.

But I did, however, feel like looking up at him. He seemed paler than usual, and without checking his temperature or anything, I could tell he had a small fever and a cold sweat. Something was wrong with him-however hard Nurse Mary had hit him earlier was finally catching up to him now. Most likely due to the pain, Tommy squeezed his eyes shut, causing me to tilt my head to the side.

"Do you want me to murder you?" Cindy asked, first oblivious to Tommy's pain. "Babe, you okay?" She asked upon the second she realized his pain.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." He sniffled, and just as he went to take another step, we heard Alice's voice let out a scream.

"Alice?!" Cindy called out as the three of us ran ahead, desperate to see what's gone wrong.

We ran for about forty five seconds, and somehow, I wound up ahead of both Tommy and Cindy. Although the reasoning behind my concern for Alice's safety was unfathomable, it caused a spike of adrenaline. Seeing a clearing up ahead, I quickened my pace. Arnie started to call out something, and it was at that exact moment that I fell into a rather deep hole. Letting out a cry as my ankle twisted the wrong way, I looked around me.