20 - used all my life

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

"i had no time to choose what i chose to do, go easy on me"
-easy on me, adele

song to listen to: easy on me by adele

warnings: mentions of death, weapons, mention of weapons, using weapons, crying, screaming, mental breakdown(s), PTSD, flashbacks, panic/anxiety attacks, violence

~~~~~~

"Mia..."

I gasped, and the only notable sound was Tommy's heavy breathing. He said my name. He just said my name. I'm not hearing things, that was Tommy's voice. Tommy Slater just said my name. Although he had the mask covering his face, I could tell we were making eye contact. He saw me again, at least for this moment in time. I couldn't get a single word out-believe me, I wanted to say so much, but no words were able to roll off my tongue. The words got stuck in my throat like goddamned peanut butter.

His legs moved him, but something deep down told me this wasn't voluntary. My grip on the rope tightened as half-Tommy, not Nightwing's Killer, continued to unwillingly follow Deena's trail of blood. But suddenly, like a switch had been flipped, he started to breathe heavily and aggressively walk again. Whatever humanity had been brought about in Tommy by seeing me again was gone again, whatever emotions he'd begun to feel had been shoved deep down. I followed in his mental footsteps, shoving down my emotions and putting my game face on.

He got far enough into the book shop for me to pull down the gate, and then the worst thing happened: just before the gate closed fully, it got stuck with about a foot more to go. I let out a frustrated cry, and with the tension building up as Tommy started to charge towards me, I managed to pull the gate down with my own two hands. Point one for Mia, point zero for Tommy. Ha. With seemingly all the killers in their designated places, I ran and jumped over a register at the pizza place, where the others already were.

"I got the Grifter, Martin got the Milkman, Ziggy got Skullmask, Jen got Miller. Who's missing, what did everyone-"

"That's five. Tommy's here." I cut off Josh, kneeling down closest to the possessed and tied-up lesbian.

"No Ruby?" Deena breathed out, clearly worried by the lack of Lane.

"I don't know," Josh spoke again. "We need to keep an eye on-"

"Y-y-y-y-y-yo!" Martin turned to all of us from looking over the register. "Why'd it get so quiet?"

All of us looked around at each other before collectively peaking over the counter. There was nothing. No sounds of trying to break out from any of the killers, not even Tommy's heavy breathing. He was here.