11 - our final night alive

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

"and here it is our final night alive. as the earth burns to the ground, oh girl it's you"
-as the world caves in, matthew maltese

song to listen to: as the world caves in by sarah cothran (epic orchestral cover)

warnings: death, mentions of death, violence, graphic descriptions of pain, graphic descriptions of death, graphic descriptions of violence, an axe, weapons

~~~~~~

I stomped down on Ruby Lane's hand as she started to climb out of the floor's vent, buying us only a couple of seconds. With my shovel in one hand and Cindy's hand in the other, I pulled her to start running.

"Run, run!" I yelled, and all of us ran out of the back kitchen area.

Ziggy went to grab the shovel that Cindy had dropped, and a still-beheaded Tommy reached out, grabbing her ankle, causing her to scream and almost fall.

"Ziggy!" Cindy called out, grabbing her away from the headless Tommy as I kicked his arm away.

We started to run out of the door, but I froze in my spot. If all three of us went right now, the killers would catch up to us too quickly for the hand to be buried. Someone had to hold this shit off. Someone had to help the final girls out. And that someone had to be me.

"Mia, come on! Come on, we have to go, what are you doing?" Cindy asked, pulling on my hand only for me to pull my own hand away.

"I can't. I can't go, Cindy, I can't. Someone has to hold them off...you two go save Shadyside. Promise me you'll save Shadyside." I cupped her face in my hands, wiping tears away from her eyes.

"No, Mia, no I can't lose you. I love you, I can't lose you too...I-I'm sorry, I'm sorry for never wanting to be public, I'm so sorry, M." She was shaking, and I just pressed our foreheads together.

"It's okay," I soothed, taking a few breaths to calm myself down. "I can flip out real easy too...sooner or later everybody goes to the zoo."

"Cindy, Mia, we have to go!" Ziggy urged, and I looked back to the mess hall to see Tommy barrelling towards us in all his masked glory.

"I love you, Mia...I love you!" Cindy cried, Ziggy starting to pull her along.

Just before I could run and give her one last kiss, I felt arms enveloping around me and beginning to yank me away from the love of my life. I screamed for them to run, I tried screaming that I loved them, but at one point I just screamed out of fear. Tommy threw me down onto the mess hall stairs, and just as I started to roll off of them, I felt the axe hack into my leg.