21 - my final night alive

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

"only the young die good"
-oliver herford

song to listen to: before you exit by clouds(play it when jennifer and mia start to talk)

warnings: mentions of death, violence, death, swearing, mean himbos, weapons, weapons-use, mentions of weapons, the severe likelihood that you're going to cry

~~~~~~

"Nick!" I called out, holding a butcher knife I'd grabbed that had somehow been on the floor.

Red lighting flashed and the alarm blared loudly as we found ourselves in the back of the mall, an employees-only area. I gripped the knife tightly, trying to minimize how badly I was shaking.

"Mia! You can still leave. You and Ziggy get out of here, now." His voice came from the shadows, and I shook my head as I turned in a full circle, terrified of my lack of knowledge of where he was.

"You and I both know that that's not going to happen. Just come out, let's be the adults we are and show our faces."

"Put down the knife."

"Come out of the shadows."

"Put down the knife."

"Come out of the shadows."

"Put down the knife or I make sure Tatum dies."

Horror-stricken, I put down the knife, feeling too threatened by the threat of losing Tatum to continue being defiant. I held my hands up in surrender, starting to shake out of fear.

"Alright, I put the knife down, Nick, now come out. Come out or I'll find you myself." I called out, and I heard heavy breathing that seemed to come from all around.

"You know, you've always been a real pain in my ass, Mia." He was still in the shadows, his voice seemed to be coming from everywhere. "Especially now, but even back in 1978, you used to let all of the kids get away with little things, even when we should've turned them in, and you always encouraged those parties. You were never a good counselor. You've been a really bad girl."

"Wow, nice insult, Elmo. You got any more harsh digs, or do you wanna be an adult now?" I looked around, beginning to get worried.

"I'm not the one being a kid," he hissed out, and I processed footsteps running behind me just in time to process a sharp pain in my back.