2 - reasons to like cleaning the outhouse

~~~~~~

~~~~~~

"when someone else's happiness is your happiness , that is love"
- lana del ray

song to listen to: you're the one that i want by olivia newton-john & john travolta

warnings: teeth rotting fluff, kissing

~~~~~~

july nineteenth , 1978 , around 10:04 A.M.

"Cindy, babe, can I change the music yet?" I ask, glancing over while trying to scrub some oddly colored stain off of an outhouse stall.

Cindy set down the sponge rather harshly, turning to me on her knees and widening her eyes. I knit my eyebrows together, tilting my head to the side just a bit. Tommy looked at both of us, remaining silent but being in this conversation nonetheless.

"Mia, are you crazy?!" She questioned, a bizarre expression upon her face.

"For wanting to change the music to something better? No, I really don't think so." I replied, shaking my head despite the knowledge of knowing there was more to her question than just the music.

"No! No, it's not just for that and you know it. What did we talk about? Do you even remember?" She questioned me further, causing a dramatic sigh to escape from my lips.

"Yes, I remember-"

"Then what was it? What was the one rule I told you that you couldn't break under any circumstances?"

"To not call you any romantic names in public, Cindy. And you gave me much more than one rule to 'not break under any circumstances,' for the record." I stopped scrubbing, setting the sponge down over the stain and crossing my arms.

"You just broke that rule, Mia Peters." Just from the sound of her voice, I could tell she was struggling to keep her anger a present emotion.

"Well, Cindy Berman, there are no campers around us. The outhouse isn't technically a public space. All we have to do is close the doors, that's when the private space of the outhouse sets in." I hook two fingers in the belt loops of Cindy's shorts, pulling her closer and glancing at Tommy. Getting the hint for once, he closed the doors.

 Getting the hint for once, he closed the doors