"Okay," said Jungkook. "I'll respect that."

"Thanks," you murmured, a soft smile adorning your features.

Up to this point, you and Jungkook had only been intimate fully clothed. Of course, you weren't oblivious to the fact that one day, Jungkook would see you without anything on. However, that day wasn't today.

"I'm done," you announced. "You can look now."

"Finally," he groused, turning back around. Once he did, his lips parted at the sight of you. Jungkook didn't say a word as he continued to stare.

You raised your eyebrows at him. "What?"

At last, he snapped out of it. "Nothing."

"Do you not like it?" you asked, glancing at yourself in the mirror. You were wearing a tight, semi-short black skirt and a cropped purple top. Personally, you thought your outfit was cute; it was simple, yet flattering. It was the same outfit you'd wear if you were going out to a bar or something.

"No, no, I do," Jungkook maundered. "It's just...I didn't know you had your belly button pierced."

"Really?" you giggled. "I've had it forever."

"You never wear shirts like that, so I haven't seen it."

"Yeah, I just bought it the other day."

And you definitely didn't buy it only for tonight.

No, not at all.

Okay, well, maybe you did. But Jungkook didn't need to know that, right?

***

Previously, your brother had referred to his party as a "small gathering." You figured it was going to be his old Taekwondo friends, a few people from work, and Jihyeon. However, "small gathering" was a poor choice of words. This was a full-blown party.

Your house was packed. You didn't recognize most of the guests. When you asked Yoongi who all of those people were, he said he met them in Itaewon at a hip-hop club he had performed at last weekend.

By day, Yoongi was a financial manager. But by night, he was an underground rapper. He aspired to eventually be successful enough to quit his job and do music full-time.

Whenever he was free, Yoongi would be writing lyrics, producing tracks, and recording songs in his bedroom. Since his music career hadn't taken off yet, your brother performed at clubs to get his name out there. You felt that one day, though, with his mass amount of talent, Agust D would be known worldwide.

A guest whom you did recognize was Jiho. He and Yoongi performed together often. If you weren't busy working or studying, you'd go watch the two of them at the clubs.

Jiho was a nice guy, but you weren't close by any means; you didn't consider him a friend. So when he came up to you as you were pouring yourself a shot of liquor, you were a little taken aback.

"Hey, Y/N," greeted Jiho.

You smiled shyly. "Hi."

"Lot of people here, huh?"

Small talk. Great.

"Yeah," you affirmed, unsure of what else to say.

"Wanna pour me one?" he inquired, pointing to an empty shot glass.

You nodded and proceeded to fill his glass with tequila.

Jiho held it up to you. "Cheers."

"Cheers." You then clinked your glasses before you both threw the shot back. As soon as you swallowed, the strong taste of the liquor caused your face to scrunch up. Jiho laughed at your reaction.

"Can't shoot tequila?" he teased.

"Apparently not," you chuckled.

"Well, how 'bout we take a break from it and switch to soju?"

"Sounds good," you agreed.

Jungkook must've seen you and Jiho's interaction because, out of the blue, he was right by your side, wrapping an arm around your waist. His jaw was clenched and his brows were furrowed. Jungkook's grip on you was also firm.

"Oh, hey, Jungkook," Jiho muttered awkwardly.

"Hey, Hyung," he replied. "What's going on?"

"Y/N and I just took a shot together." Jiho gestured to the bottle of tequila. "Want one?"

Jungkook shook his head. "I'm fine."

"Still want that soju, Y/N?" asked Jiho, no longer paying attention to Jungkook.

"She's fine too," he answered for you. "We'll see you later, Hyung." Jungkook then led you out of the kitchen and into the living room, his arm remaining around your waist.

"What was that about?" you questioned.

"I don't trust him," he responded.

"But you've known Jiho since Yoongi oppa started performing."

"And that's exactly why," said Jungkook. "I know what kind of guy he is."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"He's a player, Y/N."

"Oh, and you aren't?"

"Look," he began, "just promise me you won't talk to him anymore."

"You're not my warden," you spat.

Jungkook suddenly cupped your face with his hands, forcing you to gaze deeply into his eyes. "Just promise me, Y/N. Please."

He seemed so anxious, so desperate for your pledge. It almost pained you to see him that way. He was serious about this.

"I promise, Kook," you breathed.

Perhaps to not raise suspicion as to why he was holding you like that, Jungkook placed a tender kiss on your lips.

"Thank you," he spoke against your mouth.

Jiho was watching you and Jungkook. And when your eyes locked on each other, he simply smiled. It wasn't a normal smile though. Something about it made you uneasy.

Jungkook finally noticed him and pulled you into his frame. He glared at Jiho while he continued to hug you. Despite his action only being a show for others, you felt safe in Jungkook's embrace—safe from Jiho.

You sensed that Jungkook was just telling you Jiho was a player to save you from the truth. Whatever that truth was, you weren't certain you wanted to know. There had to be a reason Jungkook was keeping it to himself.

After he freed you, Jungkook pressed a kiss to your forehead. "Let's go find Jihyeon."

[AN] I normally only post once a week, but since I'm ahead in writing it, I figured I'd do a double update this week!