Chapter twenty-nine

A week later

F R I D A Y

December 3rd

10pm

"Babe, thanks again for taking me out

"Babe, thanks again for taking me out. That food was good as hell. You almost better than me at picking restaurants." Malani laughed as they walked into East house.

They just got back from their date night, it was the first night they had alone time all week. They went to visit his grandmother for a few days since she was worried about East. They just came back to Houston this morning and decided to go on a date later on that night. Things were finally not so hectic.

"No problem baby, our date nights always fun." East said as he put their leftovers in the fridge.

"Facts and I'm tired, I'm ready to get out these damn clothes." Malani sighed as she walked upstairs to his room with him following closely behind.

"You look beautiful as always ma, but I'ain feelin how you had yo titties out for the whole world to see nd shit." East mugged her slightly as he kissed her forehead.

"Mmcht East stop." Malani laughed. And she sat her purse and phone down on his dresser.

"Let's check your bandages before we get comfortable. I know they need to be changed." Malani said as she stripped out her clothes and put one of his t-shirts on.

East didn't say anything as he took his shirt and wife beater off. He went into the bathroom and sat on the edge of the tub so Malani could change his bandages.

"Their healing good, can't believe it's almost been two weeks since you've been shot." Malani said sadly with a frown. As her fingers softly traced his bandages.

"Ma I'm ok." East said deeply as he looked at her and placed his hand on her face as he caressed her face softly.

"I know it's just still hard to process it." Malani said lowly as she broke eye contact and looked back at his wounds.

"I'm good baby, I'm back at the shop. Shit ain stop nun, nd thanks again for fixing my shop ma. U'kno you ain't have to do allat." East rasped as he grabbed her neck gently and brought her face closer as he kissed her deeply.

When Malani got his car fixed she also got his shop fixed. He was shocked when he came back to work on Monday to check on things and saw everything cleaned up. Malani was truly Gods gift to him.

"Baby I wanted to do it, I know how hard you work for everything you have now. I support you always and I wanted to see just how much I support you. But you better not be over working yourself. Since you have a few appointments for tomorrow. You're still healing Easton." Malani said with a serious look on her face as she took his bandages off to clean his wounds.