Chapter nine

Three weeks later

T H U R S D A Y

September 23rd

8pm

Malani had just finished making dinner for her and East, he was on his was over. Things have been great between them. They have gotten so much closer over the past month and the sex was out of this world, he left her speechless and craving more every time.

They spent everyday together, and East spent the night at her house almost every night or every other night. She figured she should tell the girls and Tae about them now. She didn't like keeping secrets, but she was a very private person and wanted to keep her and East business to herself. East on the other hand had no problem admitting they were dating when his men asked him a few weeks ago.

Malani just didn't want to jinx anything. She was falling hard for East and her feelings were growing deeper for him everyday. It honestly scared her how they clicked so fast and everything flowed so easily for them. But she wasn't surprised, since they've been friends for so long. She just prayed things would stay this good between them.

A few minutes later East was at the front door.

"Hey babe." Malani said as she step to the side letting East in and locking the door.

"Wassup ma, you look good." East said as he hugged and kissed her.

"Boy I have on regular ass clothes." Malani laughed.

"Well you still look good." East said as he eyed her pajamas.

"Thank you, come on let's eat." Malani said as she led him to the table.

Malani had fixed salmon, rice, shrimp, crab cakes, fries, mashed potatoes and asparagus.

"Damn baby, what's all this for." East said as he sat down while she made his plate for him.

"I realize I never cooked for you very often and you're always cooking for me. So I wanted to return the favor." Malani said as she sat East plate down in front him and then sat her own plate down.

They ate their dinner and talked about their day.

They were now laying on the couch watching tv, and Malani was laying sideways with her legs in East lap.

"So uh, I gotta go back to New York for a couple days." East said looking at her as he rubbed Malani's leg.

"Oh, for your grandma, is she doing okay ?" Malani asked concerned.

"Yea she good, said she needed to talk to me bout sum. So Ima leave tomorrow and come back Monday." East said as Malani looked at him.

"Tomorrow ? Oh...what made you tell me so last minute." Malani question. She didn't mind that he was leaving, of course she would miss him. But she didn't like to know things last minute or be the last one to know. It was a bit of a pet peeve.

"She called me this mornin and I booked my flight once I got off the phone wit ha. I didn't wanna tell you this ova the phone so I figured I'd wait till I saw you tonight." East said as he notice her facial expression change slightly.

"Oh, ok." Malani said as she looked back at the tv.

East felt her mood change and he knew it was because he told her so late and at the last minute that he was leaving. But it honestly wasn't on purpose. He made a mental note to tell her in advance next time.

"Malani." East said as he squeezed her thigh.

"Hmm." Malani said as she still had her eyes glued on the tv.