Chapter ten

One week later

F R I D A Y

October 1st

6pm

"Bitch we came in here to get food not to look at babyclothes, you pregnant or sum

clothes, you pregnant or sum." Malani questioned with her face scrunched up.

"Girlll, hell no I just wanted to look. I like looking at baby clothes. But come on so we can get these damn ingredients." Kim said as she pulled Malani.

Malani and Kim were currently in target. Malani wanted to make these drinks she seen on tik tok. And wanted to go to target to get the ingredients she needed and Kim decided to tag along.

She hasn't spoke to East in about 6 days. Of course he reached out and tired to apologize, but she ignored every message and call. She was surprised he didn't pop up at her house. But she was half glad he didn't. He really threw her off and she knew they might've ended up saying things they didn't mean and hurting each other. So she figured them not speaking was a good idea. Plus she was getting too attached and she started doubting things would work between them. She always had the worst luck when it came to men.

"Ima go look at the wine while you looking at the limes." Kim said walking off.

"Ok, I'll be down there soon." Malani said as her eyes scanned through the limes. Trying to find the right ones.

Once she got a couple she liked she bagged them up, and threw them in her shopping basket that she was holding. As she turned around she bumped into someone hard and dropped her basket.

"Damn I'm sorry but you wasn't looking or sum, I dropped everything." Malani said slightly irritated as she bent down to pick up her basket and the items that fell out.

"My bad ma, let me get that for you."

Malani quickly looked up and locked eyes with Easton, she knew that sexy deep ass voice from anywhere. Her heart dropped momentarily when her eyes landed on his handsome face.

Malani stood back some as East picked up her items.

"Hea, my bad I didn't see u." East said as he handed her the shopping basket. Locking eyes with her.

"Boy you did that on purpose you knew it was me." She scoffed.

"Nah I really didn't, it really was a accident." East chuckled as he looked at her. He missed her like crazy and was shocked to see her. His low eyes roamed her body. She looked good as always.

"Mhmmm right, well bye." Malani said as she turned to walk away.

"Hollup baby, can we talk. I wanna apolo-" East said as he gently grabbed her arm, stopping her movements.

"Nah it's cool that's not necessary Easton." Malani said as she rolled her eyes cutting him off and removing her arm from his grip.

"Malani just let me apologize. I tired textin nd callin you ignored allat." East sighed.