Chapter five

F R I D A Y

August 25th

1:15pm

Malani just got done doing her third client lashes, she was debating If she should go get lunch. She fixed lunch this morning before she accidentally left it, so she was semi irritated. She honestly didn't feel like driving back to her house, cause then she wouldn't feel like leaving back out. And she had two more clients left but they both were getting their makeup done so it wouldn't take long, Friday's were her shortest days she left at 4 most times and was always off on Saturday and Sunday.

She cleaned up her lash tray and wiped her lash bed off, she then sat at her desk and checked dms and emails . She saw one of her loyal clients had texted her. Asking for a squeeze in for 5 and she debated if she should take it or not. She was extremely sleepy due to her staying up all night on the phone with East last night. Before she could respond to the message, her phone rung and East was FaceTimeing her.

"Hey East." She smiled once the call connected.

"Wassup beautiful, u busy or you bouta take yo break."

"Uhh, I'm about to take my break."

"I'm bout to pull up in 5." East said before hanging up.

"Rude ass nigga." Malani mumbled, it's crazy how close they've grown in just a few weeks and they've know each other for years. Everything felt so natural and they clicked instantly.

About 5 mins later East walked into her suite.

"How'd you know which suite was mine." Malani stood up hugging East.

"Skylar told me, gimmie a kiss." East asked looking mean as always.

"Un uh you hung up on me" Malani said as she pulled away from the hug.

"Mmcht stop playin wit me." East said as he grabbed her neck and kissed her gently.

Malani smiled into the kiss and pecked his lips a few times.

"I bought you sum food ma." East said as he saw Malani eyes light up he chuckled.

He handed her the bag of chick-fil-a as she smiled widely.

"Thank you boo, I left my food this morning and don't feel like driving back to my house." Malani said as she pecked his lips once more.

They sat on her couch talking as she ate.

"What time is your next client?" East questioned.

"2:30, what about you."

"3 but I got a long night, you got plans tomorrow." East asked as he leaned back on her couch as she had her legs on his lap.

"No, I'm free but Sunday I'm going to see my parents, why."  Malani questioned as she looked at him.

"I wanna take yo pretty ass onna date tomorrow." East said rubbing her legs as he looked at her, locking eyes.

"Really ? Okay whe-"

"Nah, I'ain tellin u no details. Just dress comfortable I'a pick you up by 7." East said cutting her off before she could ask any questions.

"Fine." Malani mumbled.

"How yo folks like Houston so far." East asked.

"They love it, I'm glad they moved down here." Malani smiled.

Malani parents moved to Houston in January to be closer to her, and she loved it. She had a close relationship with her mom and dad. So she was honestly happy that she didn't have to keep catching flights just to see them. She wasn't close with anyone else in her family, they never liked her so the only two people she needed was her mom and dad. Of course her mom would try to convince her to come back home to Maryland to attend family functions but she wouldn't budge.