Chapter fourteen

A few days later

W E D N E S D A Y

October 6th

5:30pm

"So when you gonna go talk to him, stop being petty

"So when you gonna go talk to him, stop being petty." Dess said as she looked at Malani through the screen on FaceTime.

Malani was currently at work and she was doing a clients lashes until Dess just called her.

"Girl that's why you called me, I'm still at work." Malani said as she stay focused on the task at hand.

"Yes cause you being childish." Dess chuckled.

"Girl bye ima call you once I'm done ok, you messing up my concentration." Malani said as she got her mirror to check her client's lashes.

"Okay fine, you better call me back hoe." Dess said as she put her face in the camera.

"I am bye." Malani said as she ended the FaceTime.

"I'm sorry about that love, I'm almost done tho in about five mins." Malani said politely.

"Girl you're fine." Her client responded.

Malani checked the lashes one more time in the mirror making sure they both were even, and once she was satisfied she put her lash tools down. She took a few photos of her work.

"Okay boo we're all done." Malani said giving her client a bigger mirror so she clients could see the results.

"I love them, they look so good and full. Thank you girl, you never disappoint." The client said smiling.

"You're welcome boo." Malani smiled.

"How much I owe you?" the client said as she pulled her wallet out.

"You paid your twenty dollar deposit fee which goes towards your appointment so you only owe 210." Malani said as she walked over to her desk pulling her change draw out.

"You paying with cash or through Apple Pay." Malani said.

"Cash." the client said as she pulled her money out.

"Do you need any change." Malani asked as she looked up at her client.

"No girl, here and I left a tip, I'll definitely see you in two weeks. Thanks again."

"Okay love, no problem. Send me lots of pictures and be safe." Malani said as she got up and walked her client to the door.

"You too girl bye." The client waved as she left.

"Bye boo." Malani said as she shut her door and went to sit down at her desk.

She counted the money and pulled out her book so she could write down the totals she made for the day.