Hawaii and the Celtic Nations

Hawaii was very excited for today. Ireland was finally going to introduce Hawaii to the other Celtic Nations, his family. He was very excited when he and one of his human children picked Hawaii up from the airport and spent the entire car ride talking about his family.

"Seanmháthair will spoil you rotten iníon. She loves kids and has been so excited to meet you ever since I told you about our...friendship." Ireland said.

"I'm so excited to meet all of the Celtic Nations. This will be an amazing week if they are as wonderful as you!" Hawaii said. Ireland smiled widely as he parked the car.

"I'm glad you're excited," he said as they exited the car. Ireland walked around the back of the house, revealing eight people, three of whom Hawii recognized.

Wales elbowed a girl with a black-and-white flag and whispered something to her, causing her to laugh. Isle of Man stood by her father, Scotland, and smiled and waved at Hawaii.

"Aloha," Hawaii said, slightly nervous.

"I know you've met some of us, but my brother wants to reintroduce us so you know how we are related," Scotland said. Hawaii nodded, and Ireland beamed before pointing out everyone.

"So, Hawaii, these are my fellow Celtic nations. These are my deartháreacha. You've met Alba or Scotland...And Tuaisceart Éireann, who you haven't met. He's Northern Ireland." Ireland explained.

"Isn't Northern Ireland your so—" Hawaii asked before being cut off by Ireland.

"That's complicated and something I don't want to talk about. Anyway, moving on, we have my iníon dearthár, Ellan Vannin, Isle of Man, whom you have met."

"She has the best name for a woman," Hawaii said, smiling. Isle of Man laughed.

"Indeed I do. Now, let your ayr finish talking." She said. Ayr? What did that mean? Was it friend? It must be, as that's what Ireland was to her. Hawaii was pulled out of her thoughts by Ireland continuing his introductions.

"That's Breizh, Brittany. She is my deirfiúr. She is in France and is terrifyingly badass, just like you iníon. You'll get along well. Next to her are our two adoptive siblings, the Hispanic-Celtics from Spain, Asturies, Asturias in English, and Galicia." Ireland finished before turning to the last country, which had a black flag with a white plus.

"She's my seanmháthair, Kernow. In reality, she's only Breizh's grandmother, but Seanmháthair has adopted all of us Celtics as her grandchildren—except Cymru, Wales, who is her nephew." Ireland finished with a smile.

"Your family is complicated," Hawaii commented, knowing her family wasn't any better. Cornwall laughed.

"Most countries have them. It makes things fun." She said, laughing. She reminded Hawaii of many of her Polynesian relatives, short, old, and giving off those 'I know a lot of shit, and I love kids' vibe.' It's the same one Ireland gave off. Hawaii liked that.

"You say fun. I say annoying." Brittany said. Cornwall smiled.

"Well, at least we can always count on Cymru, Tuaisceart Éireann, and Éire to make this family more complicated." She said. All three of the countries blushed a dark red at that, Northern Ireland's flag changing from the saltire Ireland once had to a white one with a blue plant on it.

Wales exclaimed something in Welsh, and Northern Ireland said something else in Irish. Ireland was silent, arms crossed and face burning. Cornwall laughed.

"Oh, you three are so easy to tease." She said.

"Seanmháthair, why must you do this to me," Ireland said.

"Because you love adopting people as your children," Cornwall said, smiling in Hawaii's direction.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" Hawaii asked. The Celtic Nations giggled, and Ireland turned an even deeper red.

"They are just being annoying little dicks." Ireland said, shooting them a glare.

"Oh, come on Éire. It's our job as your family!" Galicia said with a smile.

"Yeah, exactly! Why do you think I blackmail you so much?" Wales said, "It's how I show my love for my family!"

"You are so annoying about that," Brittany said.

"You're just embarrassed that I know about that thing from 1390," Wales said.

"And I still don't know how you do!" Brittany said. Hawaii laughed.

"Uncle Wales, do you have any blackmail on me?" she asked, curious.

"Banana leaf." He said. Hawaii paled, and Wales smiled that same fanged grin he had during Paulet. Hawaii noticed the other Celtic Nations looked shocked, but a happy kind of shocked, and Northern Ireland whispered something in Irish to Ireland.

"Why don't we head inside?" Scotland suggested, "Before the rain starts."

"I agree. Hawaii, I've set up a room in my house for you. The other Celtics will stay in a hotel during the trip," Ireland said. Hawaii smiled. Ireland was always the most thoughtful person when it came to guests.

"Thank you, Uncle Ireland," Hawaii said. Isle of Man slapped a hand to her forehead.

"Éire, you didn't say she was as dense as you!" Asturias grinned. Ireland groaned again.

"What? What's the matter?" Hawaii asked. Ireland wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"It's nothing. They are just trying to make fun of me. You might get some heat for that," Ireland said. Hawaii nodded.

"That's alright." Hawaii said, leaning into the hug, "It's nice to see another family that loves each other."