3 - You Decided That I Was Worth Saving

Почніть із самого початку

"The June wedding."

"June wedding? Am I missing something?" Skylar chuckled nervously, feeling awkward that the girls were talking about something that she had no recollection of.

"It's nothing." Caroline reassured her future step-daughter, but after noticing Skylar's saddened look that she was left out, the perky vampire explained what they were talking about. "You see, when I met your dad, like, seven years ago, back when I was human... he was like fresh meat to me. I wasn't really a good person as a human. I was selfish and boy-crazy, and all I knew was that I wanted Stefan. So, I tried everything to get him to look at me the way that he looked at Elena, and even went as far as to fantasize a wedding with me and him."

"Hence, the June wedding." Skylar realised with a laugh. "Makes sense."

"Yep." Caroline also laughed. "But I never knew that my fantasy would ever actually come true!"

"I believe you'll need this for your fantasy wedding." Bonnie smirked at Caroline, revealing something that she'd hidden behind her back. Some book. Caroline grinned at the sight of it, looking shocked to see it.

"You snuck into my house and found my old wedding book?"

"How else was I gonna out-Caroline-Forbes, Caroline Forbes?" Bonnie said.

"Guys, this is amazing. You guys are amazing." Caroline sighed, looking gratefully at her two best friends. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. But if you expect me to call you 'step-mom', you should know that that's never gonna happen." Skylar stated, causing Caroline to laugh before she squealed happily, smiling widely.

"I'm getting married!"

"Yay!" Skylar giggled in amusement and happiness.

"Okay, now that I have a drink in you, I have to ask." Bonnie added. "How did Ric take the news?"

---

Caroline, Skylar, and Bonnie were at a wedding dress store, and Caroline stood in front of a mirror, holding a dress up to her figure as she spoke to the bridal clerk.

"Let's talk silhouettes. Focus on A-lines and sheaths. I'm open to trumpets, but easy on the volume."

"Less dress, more bride." The bridal clerk noted, and Caroline nodded in response.

"Exactly. Thank you."

"You're welcome. I'll be right back." The bridal clerk walked away, and Caroline turned towards Skylar and Bonnie, who were both watching patiently.

"Now, we can get to work finding you two the perfect bridesmaid dresses. We also need to get one for Elena because I called her and Nathan this morning and they'll be back in time for the wedding in June."

"All of that before the rehearsal for the bouquet toss? That's just mean." Skylar playfully pouted. "I'm intrigued to see who will catch it: me or Bon." Caroline chuckled in response and picked up a bouquet of pretty flowers.

"You guys ready? Catch!" Caroline threw the bouquet, but just before it would've landed in Skylar's hands, Damon suddenly vamp sped in and caught the bouquet in one hand, and he had the now dead Bridal Clerk in the other. Caroline frowned in shock and concern when she saw him. "Damon, what are you..." But her eyes widened when she realised what was happening. "Sky, run! Take Bonnie with you."

So, Skylar grabbed Bonnie's hand and vamp sped out of there to get to a safe place.

"Oh, looks like little brother's getting married, huh?" Damon noticed Caroline's engagement ring. "Consider this my RSVP." He then threw Caroline into a line of light-pink dresses, before immediately rushing off to go and hunt down Skylar. "Skylar? I can hear your broken little heart beating, Sky. Oh, poor, darling niece. Always the bridesmaid. Never the bride. If only Nora was still around... you two would probably already be married and living forever together. How wonderfully tragic that she died before that wedding could ever take place."