19 - Pictures of You

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 19: Pictures of You
Word Count: 2736

No one's POV

Ariana and Rebekah were walking down a street together. Rebekah was explaining how Madeline had given both of the cures to Elijah as a way of convincing him that she truly loved him, and Rebekah had been trying to convince Elijah to give her one of the cures. Rebekah then went on to explain how Elijah promised to give her one of the cures if Rebekah could go one whole day proving that she could act like a human. That meant a whole day without using any vampire abilities.

"You're gonna fail." Ariana chuckled humourlessly. "You should be locking yourself inside all day, not shopping for prom."

"Name me a more human experience than senior prom." Rebekah shot back.

"Death." Ariana smirked. Rebekah shot her friend (or if she could even call Ariana that at this point) an annoyed glare.

"Why should I listen to you? You don't even have your humanity."

"You realize you won't even be able to compel yourself a date, right?" Ariana taunted, looking amused.

"Yes, and last time I checked, you're living in my house 'cause I'm the only one that can tolerate you, so you don't have to be so rude." Rebekah muttered.

"Then I want to come with you. Yeah, I'll keep an eye on you to make sure that you pass Elijah's test. As soon as you down one of the cures, it'll be gone for good, the other one will be the one that Elena will gladly take, and no one will be able to use either of them on me." Ariana stated. She continued walking and Rebekah followed her.

---

As Ariana and Rebekah stroll through a dress store, Ariana wandered down the aisle full of red dresses. She made a tradition with herself that she'd wear a dress to every single event in her life. She wasn't going to break that tradition now.

She held up a specific maroon red one that caught her attention. It was long sleeved, had a slit that went right up to her waist, and it was obvious that it wouldn't leave much to the imagination around the chest area. Smirking to herself, Ariana turned towards Rebekah and held the dress up to herself.

"Do you think this is slutty enough, or do I need to crank it up a notch?"

"Ohh, you are going for the whole 'I've got the body so I'm gonna flaunt it' thing." Rebekah chuckled, examining the red dress. "I don't know, I feel like it could be tighter around the chest."

"I like how you think." Ariana smirked again. "I'll make the adjustments later." She walked over to the store clerk and compelled her, since the vervain was now out of the town's water supply. "You are going to sell me this dress right here, right now, free of charge."

"That dress will look amazing on you!" The store clerk grinned. "You can have it for free, if you'd like."

"Thank you." Ariana smiled falsely.

"I'll go package it up for you." The store clerk went to grab the dress, but Ariana grabbed her wrist. The store clerk jumped and looked into Ariana's eyes with a little hint of fear, so Ariana compelled her again.

"You wrinkle this dress and I'll break your spine."

Nodding, the store clerk took the dress very carefully and wandered off.

---

Ariana stood in front of a full-length mirror in Rebekah's house that she was currently residing in. She had the dress on, and she'd be lying if she said she didn't look totally hot. She'd curled her brown and blue hair like she almost always did for these types of things, and she went more bold than usual with her makeup, making the green in her hazel eyes stand out more than the brown. As she stared at herself, slipping in her earrings as she did so, Ariana's hand automatically went up to her neck. Nothing.