12 - Unpleasantville

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 12: Unpleasantville
Word Count: 4377

Stefan's POV

"Here. I have some vervain-laced stuff for Jenna and Jeremy so they can't be compelled. Ariana has the locket that I gave her. I have a necklace for Jenna and this bracelet for Jeremy. I even have a necklace for Caroline." I explained to Elena, showing her the items.

"Thank you Stefan." She whispered.

---

Ariana's POV

"A!? Can I borrow some money!?" I heard Jeremy call down. I sighed, grabbed my purse and ran downstairs. I paid the pizza guy that was standing just inside of our house, and told him to keep the change. Something looked familiar about the pizza delivery dude, but I brushed it off. Not long after the pizza guy left, Elena walked through the door. She walked up to me.

"A, can you please give this to Caroline? It's a vervain necklace so she can't be compelled." Elena told me. I nodded and took the necklace off of her.

---

"It's beautiful! Thank you, Ari." Caroline smiled at me, fiddling with the necklace that I had gifted her that Elena gave me to give her. "What's the special occasion?"

"What? Do I need a reason to give my best friend a beautiful gift?" I joked. Caroline smiled. We sat down at a table opposite eachother. Elena walked up to us too and slipped into the seat beside me.

"Hey, A, hey, Care." Elena greeted us.

"Hey, E."

"Hi, Elena."

"Have you been avoiding me lately?" Elena asked Caroline calmly. Caroline didn't say anything.

"Wait, have you been avoiding Elena because of your whole 'crush on Matt' situation?" I slyly muttered, smirking a little. Caroline glared at me but then sighed.

"Elena, I was going to talk to you about that. Yes, I like Matt. But I don't think we'll ever work." Caroline confessed. "But lately, I think Matt and I are getting... Closer."

---

"Why didn't anyone tell you that you were adopted?" Bonnie asked Elena and I. Us three all sat at a table in the Grill after school.

"We don't know. But on our birth certificates, it still states Grayson and Miranda as our birth parents." I told Bonnie. Elena turned towards me.

"A, we should go now." And then she turned towards Bonnie. "We need to go to the store. I'm helping Ariana pick out some accessories for the dance. And I need some new earrings to go with my outfit too." Elena said to Bonnie.

We walked outside when my phone began ringing from inside my bag.

"One second." I mumbled. Elena and I stopped walking and I grabbed my phone. I didn't recognise the number but I answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Ariana."

"Who's this?"

"Ouch. Don't you remember me? You hit me with your car!" My eyes widened. "Is that your new car? Or is it the car belonging to your sister beside you? Just so you know, I'm coming after both of you."

He was here? I will not let him hurt Elena. I hung up and grabbed Elena's hand and sprinted towards the car. Elena, confused, climbed into the driver's seat. I got into the passenger's seat as my sister fumbled around for her car keys.

"Hurry!" I demanded. Mysterious vampire man was watching me, and most likely Elena, too!

---

I told Elena about mysterious vampire man and she thought that the best way to get answers was to go to Stefan. So we did.