13 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 13: Total Eclipse of the Heart
Word Count: 1011

I'M SORRY, GUYS! But considering that Ariana managed to eject Katherine out of Elena's body, Elena was able to tell everyone that Madeline was possessing Ariana's body, so we're going to skip to the part where everyone finds out.

HOWEVER, as an apology for skipping two episodes, I will be writing a short clip of when Madeline finds out that Elena is in her own body and Katherine is dead.

SO, HERE YOU GO! ❤️

---

No one's POV

A frown had formed on Madeline's face as her currently fragile mind travelled back to her previous conversation with Damon. She had to let him go if she were to continue on without her humanity. She wasn't about to go and let some guy disrupt all of her plans because of love.

Madeline vamp sped into the tomb to return to Nadia, Natalia, Katherine, and Mia, but she arrived to quite a sight.

"What in the hell happened to you guys?" Madeline couldn't help but chuckle in amusement as her eyes travelled between an injured Mia, a staked-through-the-stomach Nadia, a neck-snapped Natalia, and an unconscious Katherine.

"Madeline...?" Nadia spoke hesitantly, hoping that Ariana still wasn't around.

"The one and only. Sort of." Madeline smirked, harshly ripping the stake out of her daughter's stomach, causing Nadia to gasp slightly in pain and jump to her feet. "I'm guessing this is my doppelgänger's doing?"

"Who else?" Nadia scoffed, walking over to make sure that her twin was alright.

"But don't worry. It looks like she won't be a bother anymore." Mia piped up, wiping her bloody nose.

"There's always a possibility." A voice growled. Everyone turned to see 'Katherine' stood there in a fighting stance.

"Kat. Took you long enough." Madeline sighed. "We should go. We have new lives to begin."

"Of course." 'Katherine' smiled sweetly. "But before we do that, can I just...?" Trailing off, she rushed forward and shoved her hand into Madeline's chest, grabbing her heart.

"Elena..." Nadia spat, helping an awake Natalia to her feet.

"If you... kill me... you kill your sister..." Madeline choked out, gasping in pain.

"I don't want to kill you, Madeline." Elena chuckled. "Despite what an evil wench you are, that's not you. It never was. This is what Katherine has made you! Turn it back on."

"Why would I do that?" Madeline murmured.

"Because if you don't, I'll kill you."

"You can't kill me."

"Yet!" Elena snapped. "But if you don't turn it back on, I will free you from my sister's body so that you can die and go be back with your sister."

"What?" Madeline's eyes widened in surprise, still gasping as Elena still gripped her heart. "You're lying."

"You didn't know that little 'Kat' died when I resurfaced?" Elena teased. "And you weren't even there to say your final farewells. Shame."

"Stop it!" Madeline shoved Elena away from her, relaxing as the hand wrapped around her heart left. "My sister isn't dead! You're lying, because all you and all of your loved ones ever do is lie to me!"

"I'm not lying." Elena's eyes softened when she noticed that Madeline seemed genuinely upset. "Did you--?"

"No!" Madeline frowned. "N-no! I... I can't turn it back on! I-I won't!"

"Madeline..." Natalia spoke up. "I think you just did."

Madeline quickly glanced at her, shaking her head in denial as a tear slipped down her cheek, before glancing back at Elena.

"You killed her? You killed my sister...?"

"No--"

"WHO KILLED HER?!" Tears fell at a more rapid speed as she vamp sped Elena over to a wall, pinning her to it by her throat.

"A-Ari." Elena gasped out. "And... and you can't kill her."

"Why?" Madeline stumbled back, tripping over her own feet and falling to the ground. "Why would she do that?"

"Because she ruined all of our lives. She deserved what she got." Elena replied.

"SHE DIDN'T DESERVE ANY OF IT!" Madeline sobbed. "She was the best sister I could've ever asked for! YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!"

"She compelled you to turn it off just so she could have her partner in crime back!" Elena reminded. "She only ever saw you as her entertainment most of the time."

"You're wrong." Madeline cried. "She loved me. And I loved her... but now she's gone..."

"Madeline." Elena knelt down in front of her ancestor. "I'm not going to say that I feel sympathy towards you, because frankly, I feel none. Humanity or not, you put my sister's life through hell, and therefore mine. So did Katherine. I honestly do hope that you could've lived though, because you don't deserve this... but from all the pain that you've been through, you're broken. You're too far gone, and you can't promise me that you won't go off the deep end again. You need to be put down."

"NO!" Madeline pleaded. "Please! I'll do anything! I'm not ready to die!"

"I won't let you kill my mother!" Nadia snapped.

"I'm sorry, girls." Elena kindly apologised. "It was bound to happen at some point along the way... no one is ever truly immortal."

"We can find a way to help her!" Natalia exclaimed. "She doesn't need to die."

"But she does." Elena nodded. "I better go let the others know. You can say your goodbyes."

She left...

...leaving the twin daughters with their mother, not knowing how to say goodbye...

How does one say goodbye when they know that their mother was going to die and had no way of stopping it? It was the worst kind of goodbyes.

So, all Nadia, Natalia, and even Mia did was watch Madeline break apart all over again, realising that she was going to die.

---

Please don't forget to leave your opinions, tips/advice and all that stuff in the comments, I'll definitely take tips and advice into consideration!
Damiana? Stariana? Klariana? Others?
Don't forget to vote, share and comment please! Xxxxx
Love you guys!
-L

Next chapter: Nothing... hehehe