13 - Daddy Issues

Book: Gilbert Twins
Chapter 13: Daddy Issues
Word Count: 3007

No one's POV

Ariana left her house to go for a morning run so she could clear her head while everyone else was still asleep. She turned around to find Tyler waiting on her porch.

"Hey. How's it going?" Ariana spoke.

"We need to talk." Tyler muttered in an almost dangerously calm voice.

"Yeah, we do. Listen... I've been thinking about it, and I don't want to over analyze. It was just one kiss, but I've only just got back together with Nathan and I love him. We can't go there, Tyler." Ariana explained.

"Fine."

"Great. That's settled." Ariana smiled at Tyler and walked past him, putting her hair into a pony so she could begin her run, but Tyler's next words made her freeze.

"What happened to my uncle Mason?"

"What?"

"He's dead. Caroline won't give me any proper answers, so maybe you will." Tyler said.

"I... I don't--"

"Then let me tell you..." Tyler cut Ariana off. "Stefan, Damon, and your own boyfriend killed him, because Stefan, Damon, and Nathan are vampires, just like Caroline."

"Who told you that?" Ariana asked.

"Is it true?" Tyler ignored her question.

"Let me explain..." Ariana sighed.

"Did you know he was dead this whole time?"

"Please..."

"Did you know?!"

Ariana slowly nodded. Tyler looked furious.

"I'm sorry, Tyler. I'm sorry..."

"I trusted you!" Tyler shouted, probably waking up one or more people in Ariana's house. He regained some of his composure and left.

Ariana was stunned and upset.

She grabbed her phone and sent a quick text to a kind of 'double date' group chat including herself, Nathan, Stefan, and Elena.

Ana❤️❤️xx
911 NOW.

---

Before Stefan and Nathan arrived, Ariana and Elena first had an 'updates' talk. Ariana told Elena that Tyler knew that the Salvatore brothers were vampires, and then Elena told Ariana that John told Jenna that he was our biological father, leaving Jenna beyond shocked. But, who could blame her?

No one was in the Gilbert residence except Ariana and Elena, so they let Stefan and Nathan in once they arrived.

"What's wrong?" Nathan asked.

"Tyler knows about you two and Damon. He knows that Damon killed Mason. I didn't say a word, and neither did Caroline. I've already talked to her over the phone about it this morning." Ariana explained.

"It's that woman, Jules. She had a run-in with Damon." Stefan said. "Wow, this is bad."

"You guys aren't gonna tell Damon, are you?" Ariana asked.

"No! He already wants to kill him. He thinks all werewolves should die, and he's not wrong to think that, Ana." Stefan said to one of his best friends.

"What if Tyler tries to retaliate? He has every right to. He could get himself killed." Nathan added.

"Well, we're not gonna let that happen." Elena spoke up. "We have to get to him and reason with him before he does something stupid."