Coffee and Confessions

"You're staying here."

"What?! No way it's the semifinals. Yang might be chosen to fight today. I'm going."

"You're staying here and that's final."

Qrow stood in team RWBEY's dorm in front of the door as Eclipse stood in front of him trying to get past. She had a black crop top on showing the tight bandages around her stomach with her normal jacket overtop.

"Why are you so against anything healthy?"

"I'm not against anything healthy, my diet is healthier than yours is!"

"Just one more day of rest. It's not that bad, kid." Qrow sighed tiredly.

"Please Pops just let me go please." Eclipse begged him.

"No."

•••

Eclipse sat on Blake's bed (she had been told off when she tried to climb up to hers) pouting slightly as she played on her Scroll when the rest of her team walked in. She sat up a little more and smiled at them.

"Hey guys what-" she stopped as she noticed the frowns and worried expressions on all of their faces. "Whoa what the hell happened? Did we not win?"

"Eclipse-" Ruby was cut off by a knock on the door. "Come in?"

"Kids, I'd like a word." Ironwood walked in.

•••

"I'm sorry, but you've left us with no choice."

"But he attacked me!" Yang insisted, now sitting on Weiss' bed.

Ironwood paced around the room, not looking at her. "Video footage and millions of viewers say otherwise."

"But Yang would never do that!" Weiss gestured to the blonde from in between Eclipse and Blake.

"Yeah!" Ruby stood up.

Ironwood turned around as Yang sighed and placed her head in her hands. "You all seem like good students, and the  here at  are fully aware that you would never lash out the way you did... under normal circumstances." He continued as Ruby sat back down, the entire team looking despondent. "What I believe and hope this to be is nothing more than the result of stress and adrenaline. When you're out on the battlefield, your judgment can become clouded in an instant. Sometimes you see things that simply aren't there. Even after the fight is past..."

With that last statement, he looked to the right while rolling his right shoulder.

"But I wasn't-"

"That's ENOUGH!" He yelled when the room fell silent, he went on. "The sad truth is, whether it was an accident or an assault, it doesn't matter. The world saw you attack an innocent student. They've already drawn their own conclusions. And it's my job to inform you that... you are disqualified."

Yang's shock turned into a miserable understanding when she looked to the ground, and Ironwood left the room. Eclipse stood and left to the other room quickly muttering,

"I'll be back in a minute."

"You guys believe me, right?" Yang turned to her friends after the door clicked shut.

"Duh!" Ruby exclaimed.

"You're hotheaded, but not ruthless." Weiss said, shaking her head.

"Blake?"

Blake turned her gaze away, earning a shocked look between Ruby and Weiss.

"I want to believe you..."