The Badge and The Burden

Weiss was still asleep as the rest of Team RWBEY were ready for school. Eclipse came out of the bathroom in uniform then saw Yang.

"Why are you dressed like you're going to try and seduce one of our professors?" she asked the blonde girl.

Ruby and Blake looked shocked at the blunt question whereas Yang simply laughed. "Maybe I am. Besides you aren't even wearing the jacket."

That was true. Eclipse had discarded the uniform jacket, rolled up the shirt sleeves and added her fingerless gloves. She was wearing the same boots that she did when fighting.

"That's unimportant. Just, don't drag me into anything you do." Yang saluted her as Ruby creeped over to Weiss' bed with a whistle around her neck. "What're you doing Rubes?"

Weiss started to wake up and stretch her arms before, without warning, Ruby blew the whistle causing Weiss to fall off her bed and Eclipse to cover her ears.

Eclipse grunted at the shrill noise. Yang patted her shoulder.

"Good morning, team RWBEY!"

"What in the world is wrong with you?" Weiss asked from the floor.

Ruby ignored the question. "Now that you're awake, we can officially begin our first order of business."

Weiss got up and brushed herself off. "Excuse me?"

"Decorating!" Yang exclaimed holding a collection of objects.

"What?!"

Blake lifted her suitcase. "We still have to unpack." The suitcase opened, spilling its contents. "Aaaand clean."

Weiss did not look enthusiastic, especially when Ruby knocked her back again with the blow of her whistle.

"Aaaalright! Eclipse, Weiss, Blake, Yang, and their fearless leader Ruby have begun their first mission!" She raised her fist into the air. "Banzai!"

Ruby with Blake, Eclipse and Yang doing the same at her sides, "Banzai!" They turned at an angle as Weiss lied on the floor.

•••

Yang placed a poster of six guys in various poses named "THE ACHIEVE MEN" on her part of the room. Weiss positioned her painting of the ForeverFall forest to perfection and walked away. Blake was busy putting away her books on the shelves, picking up a copy of 'Ninjas of Love' and widening her eyes as she warily looked around before putting it back.

Eclipse placed multiple books and Grimm figurines on the bookshelf on her side of the room. Ruby positioned Crescent Rose at an exact angle against the curtains so she could perfectly slash a diagonal portion off.

A quick look around the room (and the repaired curtains) ended with the team admiring their handiwork... with one problem. The beds were cramped together in the center of the floor.

"This isn't going to work," Weiss said, staring at the pile.

"It is a bit cramped," Blake commented.

"Maybe we should ditch some of our stuff..." Yang suggested, though not fond of the idea.

"Or we could ditch the beds... and replace them with bunk beds!" Ruby exclaimed.

"Umm, that sounds incredibly dangerous," Weiss said.

"And super-awesome!" Yang shared her sister's excitement.

"It does seem efficient," Blake agreed.

"Well, we should put it to a vote!" Weiss said stubbornly.