V I. To trust her - part one.

From the same sunrise troup members had to prepare for upcoming show. Goro, who had to stand up early to watch the works, was in an awful mood. Any signs of slowing down were punished with a metal baton that he loved more than any weapon. The slaves were forced to set the huge, circus tent again, which during the night "magicaly" turned into ruin. Heavy, wooden piles had to be carried by three men for each, when women had to scrub the dirty material with rough brushes and highly reacting chemicals, burning their hands unmercifully. Sasuke couldn't count how many hours pasted, but even if the palms were covered with blood, even if his back hurt like hell and the rib reminded of itself - It was still better than being beaten by guards, who only waited for someone's leg to slip.

" C'mon, witches, you better rub that shit! Faster! "

Uchiha heard from the side, where the girls struggled with the material. He noticed there Hinata, who with emotionless expression kept working, sometimes peeking on them. They had no opportunity to see each other earlier, Sasuke couldn't wait for the end of works to stay with the girl alone even for a moment. He wished to take her away from that mess, find the place, where no eyes could reach them and...

" Hey, fresh blood! What are you standing here? Move, now! "

The loud shouts of Goro brought him back from the dreamland, Sasuke grited his teeth, ready to talk him back, but... It wasn't the right time. Not yet. Suddenly, on Naruto's face showed up a grin, he said Sasuke quietly:

" Thinking about Noa-chan, hm? Very good choice, by the way. "

" Stay out of my bussiness, dobe. " — Sasuke responded with annoyance.

" I wish I was at your place, dattebayo. " — the blonde sighted. — " I wasn't as lucky as you then... "

" What then? " — Uchiha asked, curious that time.

" She is the nicest and the prettiest girl here. All of us tried to have her. "

Something in his stomach twisted, anger fumed in chest as the image of Hinata in someone else's arms appeared in his head.

"... But she had kindly rejected anyone, who got too close. And then, you came. Don't be surprised that we envy you, lucky bastard. "

Naruto laughed quietly, but Uchiha could hear a hint of sadness in that. He looked in Hyuuga's side. He would never believe she could be a heartbreaker.
Why had she done that? Why did she choose him between all the guys surrounding them? She could have any of them, but still, he was allowed to cross the barrier. Even if Sasuke was glad that no filthy hands touched her before him, he couldn't stop thinking about that.

After leaving the pile on its place, Naruto muttered:

" Teme? "

" Hn? "

" Don't hurt her. " — his lips escaped a sigh, he looked at Sasuke. — " If you want to do her something... End this now. You can break any heart you want, but not hers. I don't ask you about it because I still... I ask you because she is my friend and I care about her. "

Uchiha's gaze hardened. He responded, like it were the most obvious and serious of things:

" She is the last person I want to hurt. I... care about her, more than about anything. And I won't let anything bad happen to her again. "

That promise sounded in their ears for longer, Naruto and Sasuke exchanged looks. The blonde boy didn't see any sign to doubt friend's words. All he could do was trust him. Suddenly, they heared the bell announcing the break. Finally.

" Why are you still standing there, teme? She's waiting for you! " — Naruto hurried him with a grin, peeking through man's shoulder.

" Hn. " — Sasuke muttered, but he perfectly knew that Hinata was waiting nearby. He could sense her extraordinary chakra everywhere, that's why in the past he had been able to easily find her and protect from shadows. He came closer, lips turned to a smirk.