I. Tigers kept in a cage.

As the purchase had been finalized, Sasuke had the chains taken off by one of the guards. Uchiha remembered that man - he was making disgusting things to young girls. His narrow, small eyes, the stinky breath, fat, sticky fingers. The slave would never forget him. The will to toss the fat body to the wall, squeeze the throat and brutally take life out of him was too tempting. He would do that without hesitation, if the gun hadn't been pointed at his temple. But he promised - once he'd be free, he will take revenge. It was the matter of time. For him, for his family and for all these poor kids, who faced hell in such young age. Once he'd get those people, he'd make them regret. The rage and hate was all that kept Uchiha alive.

His mother promised that there was still good, but all he witnessed as a slave was the cruelty. He stopped trusting, stopped believing in people's intentions. Each of them hid a hungry beast inside and nothing could change that believe. Mikoto told him to find someone free from that. Sometimes he thought bitterly that such person musn't exist.

Fuji offered the new troupe member for ride with him in the same carriage. Sasuke didn't know if that man was dumb or suicidal. He surely must heard how brutal young slave could be, without blink of an eye he would kill him and run away. But, Sasuke had to think rationally. He was starved, weak and had a broken rib, in difference to the heavy and stronger opponent.
The circus owner suggested Sasuke to take sweets and pink coloured drink, but he declined immediately. These things could convince children to cooperate, but not Uchiha. He wasn't the one to buy - even if he was the slave, his spirit was too strong. Such strategy didn't work on him, so the man chose a different way.

" I heard that one of your ribs didn't knit well, Yakeru. I'll order Noa to fix it."

He said, taking Sasuke's attention. It took a moment to response with cold voice:

" I don't want help from your people. "

Even if he needed, his pride didn't let him. Man's face twisted, surely unhappy of such an answer.

" Noa is our fortune teller, but she knows the medicine well and... Uses her skills."

That last word Fuji said not hiding the disgust. Sasuke felt satisfied of watching how mask fell down, finally showing true nature of that man. Hiding it behind "good will" and couldn't work on Uchiha, who came through too much in his young life. However, it was rather curious about that medical ninja. Was she allowed to use chakra? That was very odd. At the arena Sasuke always had the chains absorbing chakra on, so he hadn't used Sharingan since the day of massacre. That could make many things easier. If only he could... But the chance was low - Sasuke's reputation was bad and noone healthy on mind would give him such a freedom. And whoever that Noa was, she must be weak or be on their side. Or both. Anger grew in him for such thought. He heard about cases, when a slave was devoted to the owner and helped them willingly. Sasuke felt disgust, he couldn't understand such behavior.

After half of an hour Uchiha noticed the huge, circus tent through the window. So that was it. His destiny. That must be humiliating, being an entertainment for these full of hater creatures. And that's why such place stood - to laugh at shinobi kids, who desperatly obey orders to survive. He wanted to resist, fight them, look deeply in Nishimura's eyes as he slowly would take life out of him. But Sasuke needed time. To heal, to work. To become strong again, maybe even stronger. He didn't want to wait for Itachi or anyone to free him. Uchiha wasn't a lady to be saved. He was a warrior, an avenger. Nothing could stop him from taking freedom back.

The carriage stopped by one of the tents. As Sasuke left, the sunlight blew into his eyes, making him cover them with a palm. He was pushed roughly inside, not letting him take a look on the area. There were a few people waiting there. "Guards", he thought as he noticed guns by men's belts. Only one person made difference in that company - it was a girl his age, who kept staring at the ground. Strands of silky hair in a colour of night sky covered her face, skin was like milk, flushed on some places. She wore longsleeved, black dress. She surely suffered a lot in such clothing. But that wasn't the most surprising of things. On her small wrists she had tight, metal bracelets with circle of light pulsating from time to time. As she lifted the gaze, he saw the irises in a very light shade of blue, completely unmatching to the light lavender pupils. The girl looked very familiar, but Sasuke had no idea why. And whoever she was before, she turned to an unbelievable beauty.